Thread: Can I Install a G960F XEF CSC on my G960U?

Exclamation Can I Install a G960F XEF CSC on my G960U?

Dear all,

Could you please take a minute to help me on this... Seems you are my only chance.

I just go a G960U and I need to install a XEF Firmwire so to get VolTLE cover.

Apprently I need to change my G960U to G960F so to be abble to install te XEF... but I am not sure.

Is it mandatory ? or can I just download the G960F XEF and install it using Odin ?

If it is could you please tell me how I can proceed to go from G960U to G960F.

By advance thank you.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucerondemars [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Dear all,

Could you please take a minute to help me on this... Seems you are my only chance.

I just go a G960U and I need to install a XEF Firmwire so to get VolTLE cover.

Apprently I need to change my G960U to G960F so to be abble to install te XEF... but I am not sure.

Is it mandatory ? or can I just download the G960F XEF and install it using Odin ?

If it is could you please tell me how I can proceed to go from G960U to G960F.

By advance thank you.
    Hi there

This is not possible -> different model

Thank you for your answer.

So basically that means that if I buy a Galaxy S9, which is G960U it is not possible at all to change to G960F ? This is strange as hardware should be the same is not it ?

It is not possible to change the firmware so to be G960F?

Thank you again.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucerondemars [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you for your answer.

So basically that means that if I buy a Galaxy S9, which is G960U it is not possible at all to change to G960F ? This is strange as hardware should be the same is not it ?

It is not possible to change the firmware so to be G960F?

Thank you again.
    No: it's not possible to change the firmware to G960F

Hardware is not the same:

G960U: Snapdragon
    G960F: Exynos

Thank you very much.

Is there a way to get the phone working in French Mobile Network even if it is G960U ?

The phone barely can't get any mobile network this is awfull... maybe there is a compatible version of Firmware that could work better ?

Someone could please help me ?

Administrator
    Thank you very much.

Is there a way to get the phone working in French Mobile Network even if it is G960U ?

The phone barely can't get any mobile network this is awfull... maybe there is a compatible version of Firmware that could work better ?

Someone could please help me ?
    No: your device has only US-firmwares

You should have bought a model what was sold in your country: SM-G960F

Once again thank you for the time you spent answering me......

So it is bad news and bad news again... Yes I should have bought SM-G960F but I did not know this was working that way.. Now I belieive it is too late.

Last question there is no US-firmware that could make network works better today for me in France ? Because US people comes around in France sometimes (not today anymore sadly..) and can use their phone right ?

No update that could improve the situation for me?

Tank you.

Administrator
    Once again thank you for the time you spent answering me......

So it is bad news and bad news again... Yes I should have bought SM-G960F but I did not know this was working that way.. Now I belieive it is too late.

Last question there is no US-firmware that could make network works better today for me in France ? Because US people comes around in France sometimes (not today anymore sadly..) and can use their phone right ?

No update that could improve the situation for me?

Tank you.
    Nope: only the US-firmwares are suitable for your device...

Thank you. So maybe you could just tell me what it the most recent US Firmware that I could install? Just to make a try ?

Here is what I have :
    AP : G960USQS7CSK3
    CP: G960USQS7CSK3
    CSC : G960UOYN7CSK3

Thank you so much.

Rgds,

Administrator
    Thank you. So maybe you could just tell me what it the most recent US Firmware that I could install? Just to make a try ?

Here is what I have :
    AP : G960USQS7CSK3
    CP: G960USQS7CSK3
    CSC : G960UOYN7CSK3

Thank you so much.

Rgds,
    This is the most recent firmware for your phone: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files in archive NOT to be used) with Odin 3.14.x