Thread: Note 20. Samsung has broken wireless charging with the October Update.

Note 20. Samsung has broken wireless charging with the October Update.

Wireless charging was working on my Note 20 plus untill I updated my phone to the October update.

The Wirelss charger I use still works, as I have tested on my old Samsung S9 and Samsung S10 +

Please see all the threads below where the October update has broken people's Wireless charging, all with the same symptoms, all after the October update and all randomly switching between fast wireless charging and standard charging every 3 to 5 seconds.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Last edited by saveferris; 24-10-2020 at 15:27.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by saveferris [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Wireless charging was working on my Note 20 plus untill I updated my phone to the October update.

The Wirelss charger I use still works, as I have tested on my old Samsung S9 and Samsung S10 +

Please see all the threads below where the October update has broken people's Wireless charging, all with the same symptoms, all after the October update and all randomly switching between fast wireless charging and standard charging every 3 to 5 seconds.

Hi there

I've the Note20 Ultra myself, with the October patch installed, and I've no problems at all with Wireless Charging...

Mine also works with the Samsung wirelss charger but since the update, doesn't work with other branded wireless chargers.

Like I said I'm not the only one.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by saveferris [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Mine also works with the Samsung wirelss charger but since the update, doesn't work with other branded wireless chargers.

Like I said I'm not the only one.
    That's not the fault of Samsung...

That is the fault of Samsung, So intentionally they are locking out generic branded certified wireless chargers forcing you to purchase their branded chargers.

Despicable.

Administrator
    That is the fault of Samsung, So intentionally they are locking out generic branded certified wireless chargers forcing you to purchase their branded chargers.

Despicable.
    You don't know that...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    You don't know that...
    Well it was working with generic branded certified wireless charges before the October update,
    I have provided links with people having the exact same issue with generic certified branded charges. from both the galaxy series and the note series.
    You have stated that it isn't Samsung's fault that they they don't work, and it now only works with Samsung branded charges.
    If that's the case, then they are purposely doing it.