Thread: SM-T978U Odin Firmware Flash

SM-T978U Odin Firmware Flash

Purchased a sim unlocked SM-T978U (Verizon Tab S7+ 5G) and am trying to flash the unlocked or Tmobile stock firmware to it. I've gotten "passed" flashes everything when flashing all of the files from the corresponding stock firmwares, but everything it boots back into the Verizon firmware. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong that would cause this? I've probably flashed this thing 20 times at this point. I feel like I need to change the CSC, but the process for changing I've found online references the dialer app which isn't available on the tablet. I do currently have a Tmobile SIM in the device which is sim unlocked and connecting to the network just fine.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcwheeler [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Purchased a sim unlocked SM-T978U (Verizon Tab S7+ 5G) and am trying to flash the unlocked or Tmobile stock firmware to it. I've gotten "passed" flashes everything when flashing all of the files from the corresponding stock firmwares, but everything it boots back into the Verizon firmware. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong that would cause this? I've probably flashed this thing 20 times at this point. I feel like I need to change the CSC, but the process for changing I've found online references the dialer app which isn't available on the tablet. I do currently have a Tmobile SIM in the device which is sim unlocked and connecting to the network just fine.
    Hi there

It's not possible to change the CSC's anymore by flashing the T-Mobile firmware.
    Both Verizon AND T-Mobile firmware are part of the same Multi-CSC

Thanks. So is there any way to change the CSC so that it loads the Tmobile software? I thought it chose the firmware that matched the SIM that was inserted after the Odin flash, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

It's not possible to change the CSC's anymore by flashing the T-Mobile firmware.
    Both Verizon AND T-Mobile firmware are part of the same Multi-CSC

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcwheeler [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks. So is there any way to change the CSC so that it loads the Tmobile software? I thought it chose the firmware that matched the SIM that was inserted after the Odin flash, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    As I said in my previous message: if it hasn't changed by inserting SIM, it's not possible