Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firmware help - SM-G975U att to tmobile

Firmware help - SM-G975U att to tmobile

I am in the in the US and have a S10+ or SM-G975U originally came with Att firmware.

the service provider sw ver.
    SAOMC_SM-G975U-OYN-AT-PP-0033
    ATT/ATT/ATT

BUILD NUMBER
    PPR1.180610.011.G975USQS1ASD9

My goal would be to change it over to a tmobile firmware as the att will not do ota updates. I also really want the other advantages of tmobile since I am putting in a tmobile sim. I think video calling works etc...

Can someone help guide me on how to make this happen. I have looked through the forums, but see people afraid to brick their phones. Obviously dont want that to happen either and am hoping for a step guide on how to change all of this.

Thank you in advance. If you need more info please let me know.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by korins2 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I am in the in the US and have a S10+ or SM-G975U originally came with Att firmware.

the service provider sw ver.
    SAOMC_SM-G975U-OYN-AT-PP-0033
    ATT/ATT/ATT

BUILD NUMBER
    PPR1.180610.011.G975USQS1ASD9

My goal would be to change it over to a tmobile firmware as the att will not do ota updates. I also really want the other advantages of tmobile since I am putting in a tmobile sim. I think video calling works etc...

Can someone help guide me on how to make this happen. I have looked through the forums, but see people afraid to brick their phones. Obviously dont want that to happen either and am hoping for a step guide on how to change all of this.

Thank you in advance. If you need more info please let me know.
    Hi there

According to the info you gave, your device (CSC's) are LOCKED to ATT, and you can't change it to TMB (T-Mobile)
    I can give you the procedure how to flash to the latest firmware though, but your CSC's will stay ATT (and for updates you'll have to flash it yourself every time)

If the csc is locked and can not be changed I am losing any chance at getting Ota updates? And will have to flash every update? Is that correct? Is there anything else I'm missing?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by korins2 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If the csc is locked and can not be changed I am losing any chance at getting Ota updates? And will have to flash every update? Is that correct? Is there anything else I'm missing?
    Maybe the CSC can be changed, but not via the official way and we don't support this...

If you haven't got any update yet from ATT, than you must update your device manually everytime

Updating it manually are you referring to using smartswitch through a computer to manually update or do a new flash each time to update the os?

thank you for your insight

OK, so I need to upload the a picture of the software page? I typed in the *#272*IMEI# and it gave me the option to change the css i did not love forward with it because I wanted to make sure I understood what to pick first when switching to tmobile. But it did give me the tmb and xaa and many other options. I am not sure if that is something I should not do before flashing firmware or if it would make a difference. But I did want to note it is giving me the option. Please advise me if this is a step to take with the csc and how I should approach the firmware as well. Or direct me to a post that I can follow a guide on I've been searching here to learn more but someone stating the exact steps is obviously easier to follow. Thank you again

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

This is the software page and when i typed *#1234# into the phone.

I forgot to say that the phone is sim unlocked.

Please let me know what steps I need to take in order to attempt to flash/change the csc since the #272*IMEI# seems to be working. I am not sure what order to do it in.

Also had a question that I dont understand yet. Would I have to enter an unlock code again after it is flashed and the csc is changed or is that a one time thing for the phone?

Thank you!

Administrator
    OK, so I need to upload the a picture of the software page? I typed in the *#272*IMEI# and it gave me the option to change the css i did not love forward with it because I wanted to make sure I understood what to pick first when switching to tmobile. But it did give me the tmb and xaa and many other options. I am not sure if that is something I should not do before flashing firmware or if it would make a difference. But I did want to note it is giving me the option. Please advise me if this is a step to take with the csc and how I should approach the firmware as well. Or direct me to a post that I can follow a guide on I've been searching here to learn more but someone stating the exact steps is obviously easier to follow. Thank you again
    Read my message #4: Maybe the CSC can be changed, but not via the official way and we don't support this...

Unfortunately, you have an AT&T device. In the simplest terms possible, that means "you're screwed." It is a most unpleasant reality, and many of us have learned it the hard way.