Thread: Samsung J730g Binary 10 - Downgrade to Android 9 avaiable?

Samsung J730g Binary 10 - Downgrade to Android 9 avaiable?

Hello, guys.

My J730g updated android, and it seems that phones with replaced screens are losing the touch function with android 9.

I've tried so many things until I saw some tutorial with a new firmware, but until then I did not know anything about the binary numbers.

So, I may have upgraded the firmware with a binary that does not support downgrades yet.

When I took it to the samsung support they wanted to charge me for a screen replace, but I know that it works, the problem is the software.

My question is, are there any other options to revert this, put android 8 back into this now binary 10? Or is the phone lost forever?

Thank you for your time!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by adenu View Post
    Hello, guys.

My J730g updated android, and it seems that phones with replaced screens are losing the touch function with android 9.

I've tried so many things until I saw some tutorial with a new firmware, but until then I did not know anything about the binary numbers.

So, I may have upgraded the firmware with a binary that does not support downgrades yet.

When I took it to the samsung support they wanted to charge me for a screen replace, but I know that it works, the problem is the software.

My question is, are there any other options to revert this, put android 8 back into this now binary 10? Or is the phone lost forever?

Thank you for your time!
    Hi there

I hate to tell you this, but: no, it's not possible to downgrade the firmware

If your touchscreen is not working, Samsung should repair this under warranty (if you still have warranty for your device)