Thread: Bloatware on a non carrier, unbranded stock rom

Unhappy Bloatware on a non carrier, unbranded stock rom

Hello everyone,

I have a concern regarding my phone a Samsung Galaxy A31, I bought it in Tigo El Salvador however the default rom is from Gatemala (Tigo) and it has all the Tigo carrier bloatware. I downloaded 2 stock firmwares from Sammobile (unbranded Trinidad & Tobago and Mexico) I installed the samsung drivers on my computer and I downloaded the latest version of Odin 3.14.4 also from Sammobile, entered download mode and flashed the rom from Trinidad & Tobago first. everything went ok, Odin showed a PASSED message and my phone rebooted on the set up screen. I went through the set up process but went I to essential apps section it showed again the bloatware apps from Tigo (carrier).

Then I went to recovery mode and did a factory reset, turned off my phone and flashed the unbranded, non carrier stock rom from Mexico, received PASSED message in Odin and same thing happened. Bloatware reinstalled when I connected to the internet, same carrier ringtones and sounds (turn on/off the phone), etc.

Can you help me find out what am I doing wrong? I really want to remover all the carrier bloatware and this does not seem to workout. as an FYI I haven't done anything else to the phone I just took it out of the box and tried to flash it. As a second FYI I am not that new in Samsung, I had from Galaxy S2 to Galaxy S7 and this was a piece of cake, then from the S7 I switched to Motorola and the I coming back to Samsung again. Not sure what could've changed throughout these years.

Please apologize if this is not the right place to post this and thank you in advance for your help.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanrxt [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello everyone,

I have a concern regarding my phone a Samsung Galaxy A31, I bought it in Tigo El Salvador however the default rom is from Gatemala (Tigo) and it has all the Tigo carrier bloatware. I downloaded 2 stock firmwares from Sammobile (unbranded Trinidad & Tobago and Mexico) I installed the samsung drivers on my computer and I downloaded the latest version of Odin 3.14.4 also from Sammobile, entered download mode and flashed the rom from Trinidad & Tobago first. everything went ok, Odin showed a PASSED message and my phone rebooted on the set up screen. I went through the set up process but went I to essential apps section it showed again the bloatware apps from Tigo (carrier).

Then I went to recovery mode and did a factory reset, turned off my phone and flashed the unbranded, non carrier stock rom from Mexico, received PASSED message in Odin and same thing happened. Bloatware reinstalled when I connected to the internet, same carrier ringtones and sounds (turn on/off the phone), etc.

Can you help me find out what am I doing wrong? I really want to remover all the carrier bloatware and this does not seem to workout. as an FYI I haven't done anything else to the phone I just took it out of the box and tried to flash it. As a second FYI I am not that new in Samsung, I had from Galaxy S2 to Galaxy S7 and this was a piece of cake, then from the S7 I switched to Motorola and the I coming back to Samsung again. Not sure what could've changed throughout these years.

Please apologize if this is not the right place to post this and thank you in advance for your help.
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?