Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android 10 update for my S10+

Android 10 update for my S10+

Hi guys,

I have a Galaxy S10+ (G975U)that's stuck on android 9 and I want to upgrade to android 10.

I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. I have downloaded odin tool but when i check the firmware page the i don't know which one to download.

the android security patch level is from june 2019 and One UI is version 1.1

i live in nigeria and all my other friend's that have the s10+ have all received the OTA and upgraded to android 10 but mine keeps telling me 'your software is up to date' everytime i try to check for updates

I'll Appreciate any help on this. Thanks
    Last edited by dheji; 22-09-2020 at 02:05.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dheji [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi guys,

I have a Galaxy S10+ (G975U)that's stuck on android 9 and I want to upgrade to android 10.

I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. I have downloaded odin tool but when i check the firmware page the i don't know which one to download.

the android security patch level is from june 2019 and One UI is version 1.1

i live in nigeria and all my other friend's that have the s10+ have all received the OTA and upgraded to android 10 but mine keeps telling me 'your software is up to date' everytime i try to check for updates

I'll Appreciate any help on this. Thanks
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dheji [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for Multi-CSC OYN: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your S10+
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Hi, thanks!

Its been updated now.

Administrator
    Hi, thanks!

Its been updated now.
    You're welcome, thanks for your feedback...

Android 10 update for my S10+

I also have a S10+ which is stuck on Android 9. I am staying in Singapore and using Singtel Telecom but they cannot help me. Attached is my software info screen shots. Please help. Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_1.jpg   Screenshot_2.jpg  

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gpusavat [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I also have a S10+ which is stuck on Android 9. I am staying in Singapore and using Singtel Telecom but they cannot help me. Attached is my software info screen shots. Please help. Thank you
    Hi there

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for Multi-CSC OYN: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your S10+
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Hello guys,

I just bought an Galaxy S10+ SM-G975U, the US version with Snapdragon processor. The problem is that I live in Romania and the phone is stuck on One UI 2.0 with March security update.

I tried to talk with the shop about the fact that the phone doesn't update but they refuse to do something about this.

Can you please help me with some advices ? Here's a screenshot with the details, I'm not sure which firmware I will need to download:

Also, if I will change the firmware, is it necessary to previously unlock the bootloader ? I heard that this will not allow me to use banking apps on the device.

Thanks in advance !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20200929-215242_Settings.jpg  

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by serban94 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello guys,

I just bought an Galaxy S10+ SM-G975U, the US version with Snapdragon processor. The problem is that I live in Romania and the phone is stuck on One UI 2.0 with March security update.

I tried to talk with the shop about the fact that the phone doesn't update but they refuse to do something about this.

Can you please help me with some advices ? Here's a screenshot with the details, I'm not sure which firmware I will need to download:

Also, if I will change the firmware, is it necessary to previously unlock the bootloader ? I heard that this will not allow me to use banking apps on the device.

Thanks in advance !
    Hi there

4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your S10+