Thread: Is it possible to install SM-N960F firmware on a SM-N9600 to get correct region

Is it possible to install SM-N960F firmware on a SM-N9600 to get correct region

Recently bought a galaxy note 9 in an auction and when I got it I noticed it appears to be a Chinese version.
    The latest update I can pull is from 2018 and when I try to go into recovery mode, I get a menu in Chinese.
    I also haven't been able to pull in 4G, stuck on 3G.

Planning on installing the latest Australian N960F firmware and was wondering if I would face any problems.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabehcoud [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Recently bought a galaxy note 9 in an auction and when I got it I noticed it appears to be a Chinese version.
    The latest update I can pull is from 2018 and when I try to go into recovery mode, I get a menu in Chinese.
    I also haven't been able to pull in 4G, stuck on 3G.

Planning on installing the latest Australian N960F firmware and was wondering if I would face any problems.
    Hi there

It's not possible to install SM-N960F firmware on a SM-N9600 device

hi there i got sm-n9600 model.

hi there i got sm-n9600 model. but it is for hk/ch region so mostly app is in mandrin languages. im planning to change the firmware to other but i confuse which region shold i choose. im from malaysia my region is not included for sm-n9600. mostly american latin / hk / ch / brazil. can anyone suggest the best firmware for me. any firmware in english n support google product will be fine

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by shairil [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hi there i got sm-n9600 model. but it is for hk/ch region so mostly app is in mandrin languages. im planning to change the firmware to other but i confuse which region shold i choose. im from malaysia my region is not included for sm-n9600. mostly american latin / hk / ch / brazil. can anyone suggest the best firmware for me. any firmware in english n support google product will be fine
    Hi there

You could use this firmware: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & CSC_TGY (NOT HOME_CSC) with Odin 3.14.x

Your device will reset afterwards, which is mandatory

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

hong kong is using english or Cantonese in their device?

<ID:0/031> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/031> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

i got this error anyone can help me

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by shairil [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    <ID:0/031> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/031> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

i got this error anyone can help me
    Have you installed the correct Samsung Drivers?

Install SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

It should have also the English language

i download my driver from this link [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    n i dont know why but i cant download samsung smart switch to my window

Administrator
    i download my driver from this link [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    n i dont know why but i cant download samsung smart switch to my window
    Then I don't know what is going wrong...