Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Is it possible to install SM-N960F firmware on a SM-N9600 to get correct region

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1

    Is it possible to install SM-N960F firmware on a SM-N9600 to get correct region

    Recently bought a galaxy note 9 in an auction and when I got it I noticed it appears to be a Chinese version.
    The latest update I can pull is from 2018 and when I try to go into recovery mode, I get a menu in Chinese.
    I also haven't been able to pull in 4G, stuck on 3G.

    Planning on installing the latest Australian N960F firmware and was wondering if I would face any problems.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabehcoud [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Recently bought a galaxy note 9 in an auction and when I got it I noticed it appears to be a Chinese version.
    The latest update I can pull is from 2018 and when I try to go into recovery mode, I get a menu in Chinese.
    I also haven't been able to pull in 4G, stuck on 3G.

    Planning on installing the latest Australian N960F firmware and was wondering if I would face any problems.
    Hi there

    It's not possible to install SM-N960F firmware on a SM-N9600 device

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5

    hi there i got sm-n9600 model.

    hi there i got sm-n9600 model. but it is for hk/ch region so mostly app is in mandrin languages. im planning to change the firmware to other but i confuse which region shold i choose. im from malaysia my region is not included for sm-n9600. mostly american latin / hk / ch / brazil. can anyone suggest the best firmware for me. any firmware in english n support google product will be fine

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by shairil [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hi there i got sm-n9600 model. but it is for hk/ch region so mostly app is in mandrin languages. im planning to change the firmware to other but i confuse which region shold i choose. im from malaysia my region is not included for sm-n9600. mostly american latin / hk / ch / brazil. can anyone suggest the best firmware for me. any firmware in english n support google product will be fine
    Hi there

    You could use this firmware: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Flash AP BL CP & CSC_TGY (NOT HOME_CSC) with Odin 3.14.x

    Your device will reset afterwards, which is mandatory

    Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5
    hong kong is using english or Cantonese in their device?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5
    <ID:0/031> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/031> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

    i got this error anyone can help me

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by shairil [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    <ID:0/031> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/031> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

    i got this error anyone can help me
    Have you installed the correct Samsung Drivers?

    Install SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    It should have also the English language

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5
    i download my driver from this link [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    n i dont know why but i cant download samsung smart switch to my window

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by shairil [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    i download my driver from this link [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    n i dont know why but i cant download samsung smart switch to my window
    Then I don't know what is going wrong...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •