Thread: Different ZIP files extract the same file sets

Premium Member

Different ZIP files extract the same file sets

I have an SM-G930W8 for which I wish to have stock ROM. This is a Canadian phone so I wanted ROMs from different carriers because of possible
    different ROM features. So, I downloaded G930W8VLS5CSA1_G930W8OYA5CSA1_TLS.zip (carrier = Telus) and G930W8VLS7CTB2_G930W8OYA7CTB2_RWC.zip (carrier = Rogers)

When extracted, each of these zip files produced the same, exact component files all of which were branded to the Telus carrier.

Not sure what's going on here. Why should 2 zip files with different names. carriers, etc, extract to the same file sets?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MJP1 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have an SM-G930W8 for which I wish to have stock ROM. This is a Canadian phone so I wanted ROMs from different carriers because of possible
    different ROM features. So, I downloaded G930W8VLS5CSA1_G930W8OYA5CSA1_TLS.zip (carrier = Telus) and G930W8VLS7CTB2_G930W8OYA7CTB2_RWC.zip (carrier = Rogers)

When extracted, each of these zip files produced the same, exact component files all of which were branded to the Telus carrier.

Not sure what's going on here. Why should 2 zip files with different names. carriers, etc, extract to the same file sets?
    Hi there

It's Multi-CSC OYA, more carriers are in that CSC

Premium Member
    Hi -
    I see, thanks. So here's a puzzle: Those are all the same ROMs (for XAC = Canada). All of the Canadian carriers support wifi calling above Android 6.0. Why do none of the Oreo ROMs for XAC you have
    posted support wifi calling?

Thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MJP1 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi -
    I see, thanks. So here's a puzzle: Those are all the same ROMs (for XAC = Canada). All of the Canadian carriers support wifi calling above Android 6.0. Why do none of the Oreo ROMs for XAC you have
    posted support wifi calling?

Thanks
    We don't know that; you'll have to ask Samsung Canada and/or your carrier for that...