Thread: Changing Samsung Country firmware

Changing Samsung Country firmware

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, 12gb ram 256gb Dual Sim variant from China because I don't want to buy from my country Nigeria. Once fall into exynos once and I don't want same anymore. The phone isn't locked to any network but I'm tired of how some things work out on it, other stuff like Google Assistant isn't implemented well on it. My Google Assistant I had to download it on it and it even always get removed from default Assistant app every hour, can't use Ok Google despite changing every language settings.
    Please can I flash the international version on it with Odin without losing network

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Samijay [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I bought a new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, 12gb ram 256gb Dual Sim variant from China because I don't want to buy from my country Nigeria. Once fall into exynos once and I don't want same anymore. The phone isn't locked to any network but I'm tired of how some things work out on it, other stuff like Google Assistant isn't implemented well on it. My Google Assistant I had to download it on it and it even always get removed from default Assistant app every hour, can't use Ok Google despite changing every language settings.
    Please can I flash the international version on it with Odin without losing network
    Hi there

No: that's not possible -> different model/hardware

That's one of the disadvantages buying a model that's not meant for your region/country

Holy shit. Okay I'll have to learn getting used to it but I've seen post where people say flashing the country firmware on it

Changing Samsung Country firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Samijay [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Please try this. This is what I do when I buy an international phone or a phone that wasnít bought locally.

1: Insert the sim chip into the phone
    2: Power the phone and select my country
    3: Accept all updates from google and Samsung
    4: Phone should have your region activated instead of the local one.

If you didnít do this, you can try ro factory reset the phone and repeat the steps. This is the procedure I always do when I want to activate Members and Samsung Pay to my region. Hope this work for you like it does to me.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognit [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Please try this. This is what I do when I buy an international phone or a phone that wasn’t bought locally.

1: Insert the sim chip into the phone
    2: Power the phone and select my country
    3: Accept all updates from google and Samsung
    4: Phone should have your region activated instead of the local one.

If you didn’t do this, you can try ro factory reset the phone and repeat the steps. This is the procedure I always do when I want to activate Members and Samsung Pay to my region. Hope this work for you like it does to me.

No, he can't

Different phone model, different processor: don't give wrong information

I think I've disabled almost of those stuffs. I hardly see any chinese on the way. It's hong Kong version I didn't expect it to look like this

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    No, he can't

Different phone model, different processor: don't give wrong information
    I have done this many times and it worked for me. Iím not giving wrong info, itís real. If it doesnít work for him we can say it works for certain models. My two cents.

I think I've disabled almost of those stuffs. I hardly see any chinese on the way. It's hong Kong version I didn't expect it to look like this
    Did you tried what i suggested? It worked?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognit [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have done this many times and it worked for me. I’m not giving wrong info, it’s real. If it doesn’t work for him we can say it works for certain models. My two cents.
    You can't flash "International" SM-N986B firmware on a Chinese SM-N9860 model

Reason:
    1. different model
    2. different processors

So: don't give wrong information in this thread...

Thank you...