Thread: Off topic: downloading from sammobile.com from command line or terminal browsers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Off topic: downloading from sammobile.com from command line or terminal browsers?

Hello,

I'm on an extremely unreliable cellular network right now, and my firmware downloads keep getting cut off halfway through.

I'm trying to follow the instructions on XDA-developers to root my Samsung Tab S5e and install LineageOS.

The rooting instructions say "In order to root or, at a later time, return to original factory settings; you MUST have a local copy of firmware" and advise to use Frija to download the firmware, but that keeps going to 0kb/sec about about 20% of the download.

Someone on Freenode IRC #android-root suggested that downloading from here would be ok instead, but downloading from here keeps failing too (have now tried 3 times since last night).

What I really need to do is to download the firmware to my Linode VM and then I can transfer it here easily (by breaking it onto 10MB chunks before transferring it to myself). I can use wget or a terminal browser like links, lynx, elinks or w3m - are any of the latter known to work, please?

Finding good wifi isn't really an option, sorry. I'm a hobo.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Stroller.

(I guess this thread should really be in the general forum, not tablets, but it won't let me post there.)

I had same problem myself and after a little bit of googling i found curl tool can download from sammobile and many other sites that need authentication.
    so first you need to download curl if you don't have already:
    for linux:
    Code:
    sudo apt install curl
    for mac:
    Code:
    ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null
    then:
    Code:
    brew install curl
    for windows: download it from this link
    then from terminal or cmd use this command:
    Code:
    curl -o <filename-to-save-as> -u <username>:<password> <url>
    I found that solution on stackoverflow in this answer