Hello,

I'm on an extremely unreliable cellular network right now, and my firmware downloads keep getting cut off halfway through.

I'm trying to follow the instructions on XDA-developers to [ Login above or register to see download links. ] and [ Login above or register to see download links. ].

The rooting instructions say "In order to root or, at a later time, return to original factory settings; you MUST have a local copy of firmware" and advise to use Frija to download the firmware, but that keeps going to 0kb/sec about about 20% of the download.

Someone on Freenode IRC #android-root suggested that downloading from here would be ok instead, but downloading from here keeps failing too (have now tried 3 times since last night).

What I really need to do is to download the firmware to my Linode VM and then I can transfer it here easily (by breaking it onto 10MB chunks before transferring it to myself). I can use wget or a terminal browser like links, lynx, elinks or w3m - are any of the latter known to work, please?

Finding good wifi isn't really an option, sorry. I'm a hobo.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Stroller.

(I guess this thread should really be in the general forum, not tablets, but it won't let me post there.)