Thread: Samsung J5 Pro - problem downloading firmware into the phone

Samsung J5 Pro - problem downloading firmware into the phone

Hi, I am trying to flash a new firmware into Samsung J5 Pro (2017). Odin doesn't see a phone in download mode. Samsung drivers are installed, original USB cable connected to USB 2 port. The software just says all treads competed when Start is pressed.

The phone is visible to the PCs when not in recovery mode. I've tried 2 different computers with the same results. I've also tried Smart Switch and it sees the phone but hangs when trying to download software into the phone (it might be related to the fact the phone is rooted though).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Greg

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gp2k8 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi, I am trying to flash a new firmware into Samsung J5 Pro (2017). Odin doesn't see a phone in download mode. Samsung drivers are installed, original USB cable connected to USB 2 port. The software just says all treads competed when Start is pressed.

The phone is visible to the PCs when not in recovery mode. I've tried 2 different computers with the same results. I've also tried Smart Switch and it sees the phone but hangs when trying to download software into the phone (it might be related to the fact the phone is rooted though).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Greg
    Hi there

We don't support rooted phones

Maybe other readers can help you though

I am actually trying to unroot it