Thread: Samsung Tab S3 completely freeze

Samsung Tab S3 completely freeze

I am having trouble with my Tab S3 (SM-T820). The problems started with a completely empty battery. When i tried to charge it, the screen showed a circle with 1% and it was still 1% after a few hours. So i did a reset with the buttons and the tablet worked again. Now it showed 60 % battery charge. After a few hours it was completely empty again.
    I have a new battery installed, but now the tablet is crashing all the time. I went back to factory settings and cleared the cache, but this didn't help.I tried different versions of firmware for my SM-T820. After flashing the correct firmware (i tried different version for my country the Netherlands PHN), i do get to the start screen after flashing the firmware and start setting up the tablet, but during these settings it already freeze completely.
    When i download the firmware, i receive a zip file and when i unpack the zip file i receive a window with a fault message "! D:\Programma\Odin\T820XXU3CTD5_T820PHN3CTD5_PHN.zi p: The archive is corrupt. I have tried 3 different firmware versions, all the same fault message. Do i have corrupt versions of the firmware?
    However it does unpack 4 files (AP, BL, CSC, HOME CNC). I don't receive a CP file, do i need it?
    I have loaded the AP, BL and CSC into odin and pressed start. After the process it says Pass (green color) and the tablet is starting up to the first start screen. Everything looks good and i could set most settings, but it will freeze during this process and a hard reset will only bring me back to the first start screen where i can do the settings all over again untill it freeze.
    I hope there is someone here who can help me with this problem.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rob708 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I am having trouble with my Tab S3 (SM-T820). The problems started with a completely empty battery. When i tried to charge it, the screen showed a circle with 1% and it was still 1% after a few hours. So i did a reset with the buttons and the tablet worked again. Now it showed 60 % battery charge. After a few hours it was completely empty again.
    I have a new battery installed, but now the tablet is crashing all the time. I went back to factory settings and cleared the cache, but this didn't help.I tried different versions of firmware for my SM-T820. After flashing the correct firmware (i tried different version for my country the Netherlands PHN), i do get to the start screen after flashing the firmware and start setting up the tablet, but during these settings it already freeze completely.
    When i download the firmware, i receive a zip file and when i unpack the zip file i receive a window with a fault message "! D:\Programma\Odin\T820XXU3CTD5_T820PHN3CTD5_PHN.zi p: The archive is corrupt. I have tried 3 different firmware versions, all the same fault message. Do i have corrupt versions of the firmware?
    However it does unpack 4 files (AP, BL, CSC, HOME CNC). I don't receive a CP file, do i need it?
    I have loaded the AP, BL and CSC into odin and pressed start. After the process it says Pass (green color) and the tablet is starting up to the first start screen. Everything looks good and i could set most settings, but it will freeze during this process and a hard reset will only bring me back to the first start screen where i can do the settings all over again untill it freeze.
    I hope there is someone here who can help me with this problem.
    Hi there

How have you changed the battery?

For the Wi-Fi versiom T820, there's no CP file in the archive...

I have changed the battery by removing the glass back cover with a heatgun and a plastic card. I have ordered a new original battery at gsmbatterij.nl
    Now i have searched for the firmware with android 8 (T820XXU3BSD1) and flashed this with odin. Now the tablet is working. It did not crash 1 time after the installation and still works very nice. I have set the automatic updates to manual. The only thing is, that i receive a message every now and then with the new update. I think i stay with android 8 for this tablet.