Thread: OTA update specifics

Question OTA update specifics

Hello, could anyone share information how OTA updates arrive? I have S9+ and stuck on version 9 :/. Who determines which devices gets the update? Carrier?
    Baseband version: G965FXXS3CSD2
    Service provider SW ver.:
    SAOMC_SM-G965F_OXM_LUX_PP_0006
    229bd97cd20b7ece
    LUX/SEB,SEB/ROM

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteLT [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello, could anyone share information how OTA updates arrive? I have S9+ and stuck on version 9 :/. Who determines which devices gets the update? Carrier?
    Baseband version: G965FXXS3CSD2
    Service provider SW ver.:
    SAOMC_SM-G965F_OXM_LUX_PP_0006
    229bd97cd20b7ece
    LUX/SEB,SEB/ROM
    Hi there

Thanks for the info; you didn't receive any updates, because you have a configuration (CSC) mismatch.

LUX = Active CSC (Belgium)
    SEB - SIM CSC (Baltic)
    ROM = Production-code (Romania)

In order to get updates, the first 2 CSC's must be the same (SEB,SEB)

Didn't you get a pop-up "SIM-card changed" when inserting your Baltic-SIM while your device was still configured for Belgium?

Very strange. When I bougth this phone previous owner was belgian guy. So I guess his sim card was from Belgium(LUX). The phone was bought in the Baltics (SEB). I have the receipt. My sim card is from Baltics. So I'm guessing phone somehow attached to first card configuration. Main question, it is possible to change "Active CSC"? As I don't think our local stores (SEB) sell phones with LUX defaut active CSC. And if it's not possible I'm left with two options? 1st. Update with odin. 2nd. Get Belgium sim card for temporarly update? Thank you very much for help henklbr

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteLT [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Very strange. When I bougth this phone previous owner was belgian guy. So I guess his sim card was from Belgium(LUX). The phone was bought in the Baltics (SEB). I have the receipt. My sim card is from Baltics. So I'm guessing phone somehow attached to first card configuration. Main question, it is possible to change "Active CSC"? As I don't think our local stores (SEB) sell phones with LUX defaut active CSC. And if it's not possible I'm left with two options? 1st. Update with odin. 2nd. Get Belgium sim card for temporarly update? Thank you very much for help henklbr
    Yes, that's possible to get your device to SEB, but it'll need a full reset though. I'll give you instructions how to flash the latest firmware for SEB to your device; your SIM-card must be IN your device while flashing. When you get a pop-up (probably in Romanian) "SIM-card changed": accept. Your device will restart again and will be configured for your country.

1. Download/Install SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for Baltic (SEB): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your S9+
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your S9+ to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, CSC_OXM in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY! HOME_CSC is not to be used...
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Ok, thank you. Couple questions. Will my personal data with stay as is? Or it will be deleted? And if I could get belgium sim card, should I be able to update OTA?

Administrator
    Ok, thank you. Couple questions. Will my personal data with stay as is? Or it will be deleted? And if I could get belgium sim card, should I be able to update OTA?
    1. Your device will reset (as out of the box)
    2. After the correct procedure how I described, you'll get updates for SEB

Is it possible to update with LUX Belgium sim card?

Administrator
    Is it possible to update with LUX Belgium sim card?
    Why would you want to do that? Your main-SIM is LUX or SEB ?

My main sim is SEB, but I would insert LUX card, update over OTA and afterwards put back SEB. Would this work?

Administrator
    My main sim is SEB, but I would insert LUX card, update over OTA and afterwards put back SEB. Would this work?
    That I don't know: you'll have to try out