Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOTE 8 N950F ota updates issue

NOTE 8 N950F ota updates issue

Hello,
    You guys are doing a great job and i think only you guys can solve my issue.
    I bought a note 8 in sept from UAE, but im using it in Pakistan. From the date i bought this phone till now, i did not receive any update.
    When ever i try to download manually it shows :

The latest updates have already been installed.
    Current version: N950FXXU4CRH3/N950FOXM4CRGA/N950FXXU4CRG8
    Security patch level: 1 August 2018

I have also installed phone info app which shows :

Product Code:
    SM-N950FZKDPAK
    Original CSC Code:

Firmware's CSC Code:
    XEF
    Active CSC Code:
    PAK

Bootloader Version:
    N950FXXU4CRH3
    PDA Version:
    N950FXXU4CRH3
    CSC Version:
    N950FOXM4CRGA
    Baseband Version:
    N950FXXU4CRG8
    Latest Firmware:
    N950FXXS5DSB4/N950FOXM5DSB2/N950FXXU5DSB1

In latest firmware it is showing android pie is available but still there are no updates available.
    I also tried to contact samsung. They told me to take the cellphone to the SERVICE CENTER IN UAE ONLY as it was purchased from there.

Please help me. As i have seen you guys recommended others to use odin tool and change the csc setting.

Please guide me. im newbie to these things and i dont know much about it.

Pleaseer helppp.

********** Posting it 2nd time as i can not see my post. I dont know whether it got approved or not********

Administrator
    Hi there, good morning

Could you go, on your device, to Software Indo, scrool down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info (screenshot) here?

PS: Why are you asking the same question twice?

Hello Good morning.

Sorry for repeating the question as i mentioned also i was unable to find my previous thrrad, and i was not sure whethrt it got posted or not..

Anyways please check the screen shot.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Saadzuberi [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello Good morning.

Sorry for repeating the question as i mentioned also i was unable to find my previous thrrad, and i was not sure whethrt it got posted or not..

Anyways please check the screen shot.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there, good morning

Thank you for the information; have you SmartSwitch installed on your PC (for the Samsung Drivers)?

Here you can find the latest firmware for the Note8: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OXM with Odin 3.13.1 to your device -> all settings will bve saved!

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.1
    5. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Bixby + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there, good morning

Thank you for the information; have you SmartSwitch installed on your PC (for the Samsung Drivers)?

Here you can find the latest firmware for the Note8: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OXM with Odin 3.13.1 to your device -> all settings will bve saved!

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.1
    5. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Bixby + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Thankyou so much for the reply.
    Yes i did try to update it through smart switch. But om that its also showing device is upto date..

Can you please tell me what are the risk involved in updating through odin.
    Will my mobile warranty get void after that or what ??

Please guide

Hello.

Thankyou for the solution.
    Yes i did try to update it with smartswitch, but on that also it says latest version is already installed.

Please guide me revarding odin3.
    If i will use this, my cell phone warranty will get void ??
    What are the risk ??

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Saadzuberi [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello.

Thankyou for the solution.
    Yes i did try to update it with smartswitch, but on that also it says latest version is already installed.

Please guide me revarding odin3.
    If i will use this, my cell phone warranty will get void ??
    What are the risk ??
    Hi there, good evening

Updating via Odin will not void your warranty, because it's official firmware

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there, good evening

Updating via Odin will not void your warranty, because it's official firmware
    Hello..
    Thankyou so much..issue has been resolved now.
    I have updated the device..

You guys are greattt .

Last question..from now on i will start getting the updates or everytime do i have to follow the same procedure??

Administrator
    Hello..
    Thankyou so much..issue has been resolved now.
    I have updated the device..

You guys are greattt .

Last question..from now on i will start getting the updates or everytime do i have to follow the same procedure??
    Hi there, good evening

You should get OTA's now...

Hi
    I'm facing the exact same issue, I got the phone in UAE in Oct 2017 and have been using the phone in India. Received updates for about 6 months, but haven't received any updates post Aug 2018. When I try the check for updates option i get the following message-

The latest update has already been installed.

Current version:N950FXXU4CHR3/N950FOXM5DSB2/N950FXXU4CRG8

Security patch level: 1 August 2018.

I contacted the Samsung Customer Care in India and they directed me to the Samsung Gulf customer care. They asked me to insert a UAE sim and do a factory reset. This was to change the Service Provider Software Version from /INS to /XSG. Though this did happen the phone still doesn't get the OTA update.

I tried flashing the firmware using Odin and downloaded the next version after Aug 2018 for UAE from the firmware archives here, but after the firmware is pushed to the download mode phone, the Android installation icon comes up and the installation proceeds to 100% then it goes to a blue screen and says 'Erasing' after which the phone re-boots. The firmware version remains the same as before, I believe the update that is pushed is not getting installed and the phone is reverting to the existing one. Is there something I'm missing here?

Also is it possible/advisable to skip versions and update to the latest version directly?

Understand this is an old thread, bit any help is deeply appreciated as I've tried a lot of things to get the software updated and nothing seems to be working.

Thanks!
    Last edited by zeitgeist84; 09-08-2020 at 11:30. Reason: missed something