Thread: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on Three UK Mobile Network

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on Three UK Mobile Network

Hi All,

I've been helping a non techy friend move his phone contract from O2 to Three. The S7 was locked to the O2 network as it was purchased from them. Had this unlocked and now works fine on Three network. However the option for wifi calling is missing and I understand this is normal unless the phone was purchased from Three direct. I am now looking into the option of flashing the firmware on the phone with one which will allow wifi calling on the Three network.

Looking at the available firmwares I've downloaded G935FXXS7ETA7_G935FH3G7ESK1_H3G, which I believe is the latest version for the Three network. Can anyone confirm this will enable wifi calling on the phone as an option? Are there any dangers in flashing the phone to this firmware? I have been reading through various articles on performing the flash as I've never done this on a Samsung phone before. I've downloaded the USB drivers for the Samsung phone and also Odin v3.14.4 which I believe is the latest. Is this the correct version to use as I read another article advising to use v3.10.7.

Also I've ensured the phone is backed up using Samsung Cloud Account and also utilised Google backup as well for photos and related. Is this all that's required to restore the phone after flash to how it is now? Anything else I should backup?

Any help really appreciated. For info the phone is currently showing the following:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by andyh747 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi All,

I've been helping a non techy friend move his phone contract from O2 to Three. The S7 was locked to the O2 network as it was purchased from them. Had this unlocked and now works fine on Three network. However the option for wifi calling is missing and I understand this is normal unless the phone was purchased from Three direct. I am now looking into the option of flashing the firmware on the phone with one which will allow wifi calling on the Three network.

Looking at the available firmwares I've downloaded G935FXXS7ETA7_G935FH3G7ESK1_H3G, which I believe is the latest version for the Three network. Can anyone confirm this will enable wifi calling on the phone as an option? Are there any dangers in flashing the phone to this firmware? I have been reading through various articles on performing the flash as I've never done this on a Samsung phone before. I've downloaded the USB drivers for the Samsung phone and also Odin v3.14.4 which I believe is the latest. Is this the correct version to use as I read another article advising to use v3.10.7.

Also I've ensured the phone is backed up using Samsung Cloud Account and also utilised Google backup as well for photos and related. Is this all that's required to restore the phone after flash to how it is now? Anything else I should backup?

Any help really appreciated. For info the phone is currently showing the following:
    Hi there

I can't tell you if VoWiFi will be enabled by flashing this firmware.

If you flash, flash AP BL CP & CSC (NOT Home_CSC): device will reset afterwards

Thanks for that information.

What’s the reason not to include Home_CSC? Sorry if that’s a really basic question but want to understand what each of the flashing elements are.

Really appreciate the input and if anyone has done this and confirmed that VoWiFi works that would also be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by andyh747 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for that information.

What’s the reason not to include Home_CSC? Sorry if that’s a really basic question but want to understand what each of the flashing elements are.

Really appreciate the input and if anyone has done this and confirmed that VoWiFi works that would also be appreciated.

Many Thanks.
    Reason: you're changing CSC from one carrier to another -> that's why you need to use CSC (and NOT HOME_CSC)

Thanks for that. Appreciate the reply.