Thread: Tab A 10.1 LTE SM-T515

Tab A 10.1 LTE SM-T515

Hi all,

First let me say hello I'm new here & would be greatful for any advice. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 LTE SM-T515. The problem I'm having is my BaseBand version is unknown along with my IMEI, so I am unable to conect to WIFI or Bluetooth. it was working fine till one day it just stoped after looking into this, I have found it is because of the BaseBand unkown. I do have a cracked screen, however this happened when my kid dropped it(he did so about a month after having it) & we've had no problem with it till this week(about a year old now).

I did get it sent off for repair but they wanted to charge me almost the same prise as a new one for the repair, so i said no. I was wondering if i download the firmware Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 LTE SM-T515 from this site do you think that would fix the BaseBand unknown issue as all the sites I've come across say its something to do with the EFS folder. Any advice would be great as my kid was using it for youtube on the WIFI.

On a side note, after finding the right firmware on this site, I clicked the orange button that said wait & download(as I'm not premiume) & a little box comes up saying please wait, I've waited for over 30mins, am I doing something wrong or is the link not working?

Thanks again inadvance for any help given

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jw278 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi all,

First let me say hello I'm new here & would be greatful for any advice. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 LTE SM-T515. The problem I'm having is my BaseBand version is unknown along with my IMEI, so I am unable to conect to WIFI or Bluetooth. it was working fine till one day it just stoped after looking into this, I have found it is because of the BaseBand unkown. I do have a cracked screen, however this happened when my kid dropped it(he did so about a month after having it) & we've had no problem with it till this week(about a year old now).

I did get it sent off for repair but they wanted to charge me almost the same prise as a new one for the repair, so i said no. I was wondering if i download the firmware Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 LTE SM-T515 from this site do you think that would fix the BaseBand unknown issue as all the sites I've come across say its something to do with the EFS folder. Any advice would be great as my kid was using it for youtube on the WIFI.

On a side note, after finding the right firmware on this site, I clicked the orange button that said wait & download(as I'm not premiume) & a little box comes up saying please wait, I've waited for over 30mins, am I doing something wrong or is the link not working?

Thanks again inadvance for any help given
    Hi there

How come your EFS-folder is empty? Did you flash firmware before yourself, or ROOT/Custom ROM?

You'll have to go to a Samsung Service Point with a "Proof of Purchase"...

Hi

Thanks for the reply, It has never been ROOTED/Custom ROM. I don't know if my EFS-Folder is empty as I have no way of finding out as it has to be rooted for that right? I'm just assuming its something to do with the EFS folder because that's what all the vid/websites are saying.

I did send it off to Samsung & they sent it to one of there repair centers & was told it would cost me just $5 less than it would for me to buy a new one from the shop, So i said no.

I would like to know if I Flash it with the same firmware(from this site) it has at the moment, would that fix the baseband Unkown & IEMI Unknown issue & restore my IEMI/Baseband

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jw278 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi

Thanks for the reply, It has never been ROOTED/Custom ROM. I don't know if my EFS-Folder is empty as I have no way of finding out as it has to be rooted for that right? I'm just assuming its something to do with the EFS folder because that's what all the vid/websites are saying.

I did send it off to Samsung & they sent it to one of there repair centers & was told it would cost me just $5 less than it would for me to buy a new one from the shop, So i said no.

I would like to know if I Flash it with the same firmware(from this site) it has at the moment, would that fix the baseband Unkown & IEMI Unknown issue & restore my IEMI/Baseband
    Nope: that's not possible

You'll have to go to a Samsung Service Point, with the Proof of Purchase

Well it was a nice thought I guess.Thanks for the info, guess I'll either have to bite the bullet or leave it as a paper weight.

Thanks again