Thread: Xfinity S7 Edge help

Xfinity S7 Edge help

I've looked thru all the threads I can find here and at XDA Forums. My phone is not allowing me to change my APN. It's greyed out under APN. I have downloaded shortcut master lite and tried changing it. It still comes back that I'm on Xfinity network. My question is, can I flash the Verizon firmware to my phone without bricking it and not being able to use it. It is unlocked and I'm on Page Plus service now. Please help. My service has been out since last Thursday. I have the unlocked firmware and Verizon firmware along with Odin ready to go. I just don't want to mess my phone up.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Last edited by brendynkt; 04-08-2020 at 16:25.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by brendynkt [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I've looked thru all the threads I can find here and at XDA Forums. My phone is not allowing me to change my APN. It's greyed out under APN. I have downloaded shortcut master lite and tried changing it. It still comes back that I'm on Xfinity network. My question is, can I flash the Verizon firmware to my phone without bricking it and not being able to use it. It is unlocked and I'm on Page Plus service now. Please help. My service has been out since last Thursday. I have the unlocked firmware and Verizon firmware along with Odin ready to go. I just don't want to mess my phone up.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

You've a Comcast device: that's why you can't change it

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

You've a Comcast device: that's why you can't change it
    Can the firmware be flashed? I know if I go with the unlocked firmware, I lose VoLTE. My service uses that. The problem I keep having is in the picture. I'm not using Xfinity Mobile anymore but it says I'm still on their network.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by brendynkt [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Can the firmware be flashed? I know if I go with the unlocked firmware, I lose VoLTE. My service uses that. The problem I keep having is in the picture. I'm not using Xfinity Mobile anymore but it says I'm still on their network.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Your device is locked to that carrier; contact your carrier about this.

The only firmware for your device is SM-G935VC

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Your device is locked to that carrier; contact your carrier about this.

The only firmware for your device is SM-G935VC

I contacted Xfinity. Those are the dumbest people you would ever meet. They have no clue about anything. They actually told me to contact Samsung. Samsung told e to go to Verizon to ask them if they could flash my phone to Verizon firmware. So it's a run around situation and can't get no answer anywhere. So How to I flash original firmware on my phone? Maybe starting over will help my problems i have with phone. I know yesterday when I was on the phone with Page Plus, the guy on the phone wanted to verify my IMIE in system again. He told me my phone was a certified Verizon unlocked phone. I have no clue what is going on here. I know I read in another post that someone said that a woman could have her Xfinity s7 flashed to any us carrier firmware and it would work. I read it over at xda forum but I wanted to make sure first. So could you give me instructions on going back to G935VCCCT4BQK3 here in firmware for my phone.
    Last edited by brendynkt; 05-08-2020 at 08:36.

Administrator
    I contacted Xfinity. Those are the dumbest people you would ever meet. They have no clue about anything. They actually told me to contact Samsung. Samsung told e to go to Verizon to ask them if they could flash my phone to Verizon firmware. So it's a run around situation and can't get no answer anywhere. So How to I flash original firmware on my phone? Maybe starting over will help my problems i have with phone. I know yesterday when I was on the phone with Page Plus, the guy on the phone wanted to verify my IMIE in system again. He told me my phone was a certified Verizon unlocked phone. I have no clue what is going on here. I know I read in another post that someone said that a woman could have her Xfinity s7 flashed to any us carrier firmware and it would work. I read it over at xda forum but I wanted to make sure first. So could you give me instructions on going back to G935VCCCT4BQK3 here in firmware for my phone.
    This is the latest firmware for your model-code: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I can't give you other advices; maybe you can install Verizon (SM-G935V) firmware, but that's not your model-code

I was thinking that if I flash the Xfinity firmware, it might be good to go to first firmware. I've had trouble with this crappy phone since I paid $800 for it. First one I received actually exploded on me. Then they shipped 7 more after that because they were always messed up. Edge features didn't work along with other stuff. I ended up with the first replacement phone because every phone was worse than first replacement. Can I flash first firmware on my phone? Or will it cause problems?

Administrator
    I was thinking that if I flash the Xfinity firmware, it might be good to go to first firmware. I've had trouble with this crappy phone since I paid $800 for it. First one I received actually exploded on me. Then they shipped 7 more after that because they were always messed up. Edge features didn't work along with other stuff. I ended up with the first replacement phone because every phone was worse than first replacement. Can I flash first firmware on my phone? Or will it cause problems?
    You mean the initial firmware at release? Nope: not possible

Ok. Well I guess I'm just going to get me a new phone. I'm tired of dealing with this garbage. Thanks for your help.

great