Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help Getting Sprint SW version out of my S20+

Need help Getting Sprint SW version out of my S20+

I bought an unlocked S20+ from Sprint a few months ago. Recently went to Verizon and the phone works for calls and text but not for sending or receiving pictures. Also shows that I'm roaming when I am not. Phone also keeps trying to activate on the Sprint network. Tried wiping it and flashing it with Odin but the software is still branded as Sprint even though I tried flashing other compatible firmwares for my model and memory size. have been on the phone with both carriers for hours and with the manufacturer too and none have been of any help. How can I get my phone to work correctly as if Sprint never existed on it? I'm stuck right now. Also have two S10+ devices on my plan that are doing the same thing. Thanks in advance!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jrb [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I bought an unlocked S20+ from Sprint a few months ago. Recently went to Verizon and the phone works for calls and text but not for sending or receiving pictures. Also shows that I'm roaming when I am not. Phone also keeps trying to activate on the Sprint network. Tried wiping it and flashing it with Odin but the software is still branded as Sprint even though I tried flashing other compatible firmwares for my model and memory size. have been on the phone with both carriers for hours and with the manufacturer too and none have been of any help. How can I get my phone to work correctly as if Sprint never existed on it? I'm stuck right now. Also have two S10+ devices on my plan that are doing the same thing. Thanks in advance!
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?
    Thanks for the quick reply

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Also it keeps tying to activate on the Sprint network even though my phone is on Verizon now. I can't figure out how to get it to quit doing that either.[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jrb [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for your screenshot

Was you Verizon SIM in your device when making this screenshot?

If so, than I'm afraid it's not possible to change to Verizon CSC, because your device is LOCKED to Sprint

Yes the Verizon sim was in my phone. I do not owe Sprint any money and actually had credit on my account when I closed the Sprint account and wasn't under any kind of contract either. They are sending me a check for the credit that I had on my account from over payment. There is no way to get it off of the Sprint software at all?

Administrator
    Yes the Verizon sim was in my phone. I do not owe Sprint any money and actually had credit on my account when I closed the Sprint account and wasn't under any kind of contract either. They are sending me a check for the credit that I had on my account from over payment. There is no way to get it off of the Sprint software at all?
    Nope, sorry...

Nope, sorry...
    Okay, thank you

Nope, sorry...
    Rooting the phone then flashing it with Verizon or unlocked firmware not an option?