Thread: Galaxy Gear Sm-v700 tizen firmware

Galaxy Gear Sm-v700 tizen firmware

Hello. I have a problem updating my galaxy gear sm-v700 to tizen op system. During the update, odin freezes at line modules.img. Even if I tried everthing, I could not go any further. I will appreciate any help related. Thank you very much.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by adaturbo [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello. I have a problem updating my galaxy gear sm-v700 to tizen op system. During the update, odin freezes at line modules.img. Even if I tried everthing, I could not go any further. I will appreciate any help related. Thank you very much.
    Hi there

Why did you want to update your Gear with Odin?

You can't flash this with the "standard" Odin, but you need "Net Odin"... (we don't have this...)

Hello,

It's been a long time, till I see your reply. Thank you very much. My Galaxy Gear 1 is using the old operating system, Android 4.2.2, and as I know and read that the new system, Tizen 2.2.0 was released in 2016. Since there are great improvements coming with this new OP, I decided to upgrade to Tizen. At first normally I used Samsung Kies, the program finds the watch, finds the new operating system, then starts updating. But the update process never ends. After trying everthing possible, I quit. Then I used Odin for the update. As I said, the update process continues normally until at line modules.img, it freezes. I tried many many versions of Odin, and Tizen firmware. But nothing changed. But there are things I am sure about. The USB cable is OK, the program Odin is OK, working fine. Because after the update process, the watch becomes brick. But I found a small firmware to get it back. Using the same version of Odin, and the USB cable, I can go to the previous version easiy within seconds. Odin works fine with this small firmware. I did it many times, now I am sure there is nothing wrong with my USB cable, my computer, Odin. So now I believe the problem is the firmware file, or perhaps another missing file I don't know.

In your post, I don't know what you mean with "Net Odin" or Standard Odin. Don't they differ according to the versions?

I'll appreciate your help. Thank you very much.