Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Country code

Country code

Hi please I have an s9+ and I want to get rid of the sprint bloatware. I'm currently in Ghana . I also want to download the latest firmware for my phone but don't know the country code

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Addae [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi please I have an s9+ and I want to get rid of the sprint bloatware. I'm currently in Ghana . I also want to download the latest firmware for my phone but don't know the country code
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Addae [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi I don't know how to send my screenshots here

Administrator
    Hi I don't know how to send my screenshots here
    When you reply, you see some icons: go to "insert image"

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    When you reply, you see some icons: go to "insert image"
    here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20200731-010838_Settings.jpg   Screenshot_20200731-010833_Settings.jpg  

Administrator
    here
    It is possible, but you need to RESET your device... Do you want that?

Oh no I don't think I want that. But I want to download the firmware for one ui 2.1 so can I use that to reset it so the sprint bloatware doesn't show and which firmware should I download

Administrator
    Oh no I don't think I want that. But I want to download the firmware for one ui 2.1 so can I use that to reset it so the sprint bloatware doesn't show and which firmware should I download
    If you don't reset, your Active CSC won't change so you still have the Sprint bloatware...

1. Download/Install SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for Multi-CSC OYN: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your S9+
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your S9+ to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

For reset:

Power OFF device. Boot to Recovery (VolUP - Power), scroll to Reset phone. SIM-card must be IN your device. If you get a pop-up "SIM-card changed?": accept.

What carrier is your SIM-card?

Vodafone

So when I do this will the bloatware go because after updating I guess the phone will reset