Thread: Question regarding SM970U1

Red face Question regarding SM970U1

Hello. I am from malaysia. I used to have a s10e with exynos chipset. Loved the phone but it heats up real quick. Good news is that I am able to sell the phone. My question is am I able to get the same connection speed with a snapdragon variant of the phone. I usually get 160mbps with 4g+ and I am not sure if the snapdragon variant will be able to connect to the same network and same or better speed. I noticed that the snapdragon variant only shows LTE on pictures. Can someone please clarify.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadyer [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello. I am from malaysia. I used to have a s10e with exynos chipset. Loved the phone but it heats up real quick. Good news is that I am able to sell the phone. My question is am I able to get the same connection speed with a snapdragon variant of the phone. I usually get 160mbps with 4g+ and I am not sure if the snapdragon variant will be able to connect to the same network and same or better speed. I noticed that the snapdragon variant only shows LTE on pictures. Can someone please clarify.
    Hi there

It might, or it might not: we don't have any info about that... (but: you won't have VoLTE, VoWiFi etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

It might, or it might not: we don't have any info about that... (but: you won't have VoLTE, VoWiFi etc...)
    Hmm. can you please explain why I wont be able to use volte? Need a better explaination for this.
    and is it bad for not having it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadyer [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hmm. can you please explain why I wont be able to use volte? Need a better explaination for this.
    and is it bad for not having it.
    VoLTE & VoWiFi are network related and enabled by the CSC for your country (and that's not included on an American device)

Stck with the device you have now, and don't switch to a device that's not meant for your country.

Before you ask: NO, you can't flash your countries firmware on a US-device