Thread: Samsung Tab S5e SM-T720 Stock Firmware update issue

Samsung Tab S5e SM-T720 Stock Firmware update issue

Hello. I've had the unfortunate task of working several hours on getting my WiFi TAB S5e flashed. It's currently on Android 9 and I wanted to update it to Android 10 One UI 2.1. Currently the update isn't available in the US so I decided to flash it. I got it FRP Unlocked and OEM unlocked and it still doesn't work. There are only three files from the firmware I downloaded. AP, BL, and CSC. No CP. I read somewhere this is normal since I have a WiFi model. I'm using Odin 3.14.1. Can someone please let me know what I'm doing wrong here?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by reagain111 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello. I've had the unfortunate task of working several hours on getting my WiFi TAB S5e flashed. It's currently on Android 9 and I wanted to update it to Android 10 One UI 2.1. Currently the update isn't available in the US so I decided to flash it. I got it FRP Unlocked and OEM unlocked and it still doesn't work. There are only three files from the firmware I downloaded. AP, BL, and CSC. No CP. I read somewhere this is normal since I have a WiFi model. I'm using Odin 3.14.1. Can someone please let me know what I'm doing wrong here?
    Hi there

You can't flash every firmware to devices; are you sure you flashed the correct firmware?

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it and post it here?

I've downloaded the firmware for my device which is SM-T720. The WiFi version of the Tab S5e. I have attached a screenshot. Every file I downloaded doesn't have the CP so I assume I don't need it. When I click start on Odin, it crashes and closes on it's own. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20200727-012808_Settings.jpg  

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by reagain111 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I've downloaded the firmware for my device which is SM-T720. The WiFi version of the Tab S5e. I have attached a screenshot. Every file I downloaded doesn't have the CP so I assume I don't need it. When I click start on Odin, it crashes and closes on it's own. Hope this helps.
    Did you install "SmartSwitch for PC", for the correct/latest Samsung drivers?

Tried another USB-port?

It's correct, there's no CP-file (CP and USERDATA stays EMPTY)

Installed Smartswitch on my computer and Android Device and still not working. Tried a different USB port too. It says "initialization" at the end and then closes abruptly. Could sure use some help.

Administrator
    Installed Smartswitch on my computer and Android Device and still not working. Tried a different USB port too. It says "initialization" at the end and then closes abruptly. Could sure use some help.
    Well we are trying, but we are getting out of options too...

1 more thing you could try: another PC...

Bonjour ! toujours pas reçu sur ma Tab S5e T725 XEF ( France ) android 10 Q alors que d'autres pays ont dèjà eu droit à 2 MAJ. quand est prévue cette MAJ android 10 Q pour la France ? Merci.

This didn't fix the issue. Besides, the tablet is showing on Odin3 so that can't be the issue.

Administrator
    This didn't fix the issue. Besides, the tablet is showing on Odin3 so that can't be the issue.
    Then I'm getting out of options too...