Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S20+ (SM-G985F) which unbranded firmware should I use?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5

    Question Samsung Galaxy S20+ (SM-G985F) which unbranded firmware should I use?

    Hello guys,

    I wanted your suggestion on which firmware should I used. I currently bought a Samsung Galaxy S20+ (SM-G985F) which is carrier branded and carrier locked. I am looking to flash an unbranded firmware to remove all the horrible crapware. Are these two possible options or does the PDA has to be the same from the stock rom? Or is there a better unbranded version I should be using?

    Current Branded Firmware:

    Version G985FXXU3ATG4 / G985FOWA3ATG4 / G985FXXU3ATG4
    Product Code: PGU

    Firmware Options:

    1. PDA: G985FXXU3ATFG / CSC: G985FOXM3ATFG / Country Code EON
    2. PDA: G985FXXU3ATFG / CSC: G985FOWO3ATFG / Country Code TTT

    Thanks in advance for your advice!
    Last edited by servenaya; 25-07-2020 at 20:30.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,182
    Quote Originally Posted by servenaya [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello guys,

    I wanted your suggestion on which firmware should I used. I currently bought a Samsung Galaxy S20+ (SM-G985F) which is carrier branded and carrier locked. I am looking to flash an unbranded firmware to remove all the horrible crapware. I found two possible options but I'm not sure which one would be best.

    Current Branded Firmware:

    Version G985FXXU3ATG4 / G985FOWA3ATG4 / G985FXXU3ATG4
    Product Code: PGU

    Firmware Options:

    1. PDA: G985FXXU3ATFG / CSC: G985FOXM3ATFG / Country Code EON
    2. PDA: G985FXXU3ATFG / CSC: G985FOWO3ATFG / Country Code TTT

    Thanks in advance for your advice!
    Hi there

    It's not adviceable: you'll lose network related things, like VoLTE, VoWiFi etc...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

    It's not adviceable: you'll lose network related things, like VoLTE, VoWiFi etc...
    Thanks for the quick response!

    Would I have to search for a firmware with the same PDA? For example Product code: LUX / PDA: G985FXXU3ATG4 / CSC: G985FOXM3ATG9

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,182
    Quote Originally Posted by servenaya [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for the quick response!

    Would I have to search for a firmware with the same PDA? For example Product code: LUX / PDA: G985FXXU3ATG4 / CSC: G985FOXM3ATG9
    Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?
    First of all would like to thank you for helping me out, very cool. I have attached the images.

    From what I've been reading, I would need to flash an unbranded firmware (still not sure which one), then I would have to change de CSC with Samkey to the firmware's CSC. To finish I would have to factory reset the device for changes to stick.

    Could Samkey also unlock the carrier lock? When inserting another company's sim, I get a message to enter a unlock code. Is samkey only for non unlock code carrier lock?

    Thanks again for your guidance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.png   1.png  

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,182
    Quote Originally Posted by servenaya [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    First of all would like to thank you for helping me out, very cool. I have attached the images.

    From what I've been reading, I would need to flash an unbranded firmware (still not sure which one), then I would have to change de CSC with Samkey to the firmware's CSC. To finish I would have to factory reset the device for changes to stick.

    Could Samkey also unlock the carrier lock? When inserting another company's sim, I get a message to enter a unlock code. Is samkey only for non unlock code carrier lock?

    Thanks again for your guidance.
    Thanks for your screenshots

    Are these the details of your carrier: PGU - Guatemala (Claro GT)

    It's not recommendable to change your CSC, you'll lose network related functions

    We don't give support to SamKey, as this is not official. You should ask where you found SamKey...

    PS: there's no unbranded firmware for your country available

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for your screenshots

    Are these the details of your carrier: PGU - Guatemala (Claro GT)

    It's not recommendable to change your CSC, you'll lose network related functions

    We don't give support to SamKey, as this is not official. You should ask where you found SamKey...

    PS: there's no unbranded firmware for your country available
    Thank you for your quick response. That is correct, its a Claro GT, although they don't support any advance networking functions such as VoLTE or Wifi Calling, If I try flashing another CSC firmware and see issues with it, I can always go back to the stock firmware and restore the lost functionalities, correct? I really hate all the bloatware they installed in the phone, I really want to get rid of it.

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,182
    Quote Originally Posted by servenaya [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you for your quick response. That is correct, its a Claro GT, although they don't support any advance networking functions such as VoLTE or Wifi Calling, If I try flashing another CSC firmware and see issues with it, I can always go back to the stock firmware and restore the lost functionalities, correct? I really hate all the bloatware they installed in the phone, I really want to get rid of it.
    That's the point: with South American devices, it's very difficult to get the device on the original CSC again...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •