Thread: Samsung Ace - GT-s5830i - Download mode

Samsung Ace - GT-s5830i - Download mode

Hi

i have a gt-s5830i

baseband version is s5830iXXMD1
    Kernel version is 2.6.35.7 [email protected] #1
    Build number is GINGERBREAD.XXMD1 (can anyone tell me if this is latest firmware?)

I Want to upgrade the firmware but i can not get this phone in download mode at all.

tried so many button combinations.
    volup+voldown+power = NOPE
    volup+home+power = NOPE.

some of the phones using this combination work into download mode. but they have different baseband/buildnumbers

Any help will do.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajsta [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi

i have a gt-s5830i

Build number is GINGERBREAD.XXMD1 (can anyone tell me if this is latest firmware?)

I Want to upgrade the firmware but i can not get this phone in download mode at all.

tried so many button combinations.
    volup+voldown+power = NOPE
    volup+home+power = NOPE.

some of the phones using this combination work into download mode. but they have different baseband/buildnumbers

Any help will do.
    Hi there

Firmwares: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Hi

tried this already. it doesnt work on this gts5830i. Trust me i wouldnt be on forums if the youtube vids worked.

I just cant get it to download mode using these buttons. it works on the other models i have with different kernel or buildnumber but not on this one and its this one i need to update the firmware on

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajsta [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi

tried this already. it doesnt work on this gts5830i. Trust me i wouldnt be on forums if the youtube vids worked.

I just cant get it to download mode using these buttons. it works on the other models i have with different kernel or buildnumber but not on this one and its this one i need to update the firmware on
    Then I can't help you further either...

Hi

Im hoping someone can. Must be someway to update the firmware on this phone?

Premium Member
    If I remember correctly, the Ace there was a few different versions of, depending on the market it was sold, there was at least 1 of the versions you couldn't root or do anything with, I had one and eventually had to give up, it was a sh1t phone anyway.

this is my version. i even have odin etc. will a jig do it