Thread: Galaxy S7: After final Update no more WLAN call function

Galaxy S7: After final Update no more WLAN call function

Hello,
    I have a Samsung S7 and I was setting to automatic update in case there are new ones. I am using the WLAN/WiFi calling function heavily. Now after the upgrade I do not have this function any more at all.
    So, in short:
    Before: Telephone app - 3 dots - Properties - WLAN calling set to on --> WLAN calling possible
    After: Telephone app - 3 dots - Properties - No WLAN calling option

Other check:
    Before: WLAN setting options available in System properties - connections (cannot remember menu names any more)
    After: System properties - connections - no more WLAN calling setting options nowhere.

Is that a bug with the last update or has this feature gone into another area of the smartphone? More important: How to get this feature back? Support is highly appretiated.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by markroger [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello,
    I have a Samsung S7 and I was setting to automatic update in case there are new ones. I am using the WLAN/WiFi calling function heavily. Now after the upgrade I do not have this function any more at all.
    So, in short:
    Before: Telephone app - 3 dots - Properties - WLAN calling set to on --> WLAN calling possible
    After: Telephone app - 3 dots - Properties - No WLAN calling option

Other check:
    Before: WLAN setting options available in System properties - connections (cannot remember menu names any more)
    After: System properties - connections - no more WLAN calling setting options nowhere.

Is that a bug with the last update or has this feature gone into another area of the smartphone? More important: How to get this feature back? Support is highly appretiated.
    Hi there

could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?
    I made two screenshots to show you all the data.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020_07_23_09.11.49.jpg   2020_07_23_09.12.07.jpg  

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by markroger [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I made two screenshots to show you all the data.
    You're from Germany, and your CSC is DBT?

Yes, I am from Germany. My provider is German Telekom (in detail "congstar" which is a 100% daughter of German Telekom using 100% of their infrastructure and even having the same CSC). The German original name is "Deutsche Telekom" or "Telekom Deutschland". So the answer is yes, I can confirm your questions.

Administrator
    Yes, I am from Germany. My provider is German Telekom (in detail "congstar" which is a 100% daughter of German Telekom using 100% of their infrastructure and even having the same CSC). The German original name is "Deutsche Telekom" or "Telekom Deutschland". So the answer is yes, I can confirm your questions.
    Thanks

Strange it was working before the update, and after latest update it's not...

We can't do anything about this, you'll have to contact Samsung Germany and/or your carrier for this...