Thread: s9 plus firmware question

s9 plus firmware question

so i want to update my galaxy s9 plus to android 10, because it is still running android 8, and it's not reciving OTA updates, so ive come here. my question is: can i flash tmobile firmware on an att phone? when i search up the firmware for the specific model of my phone, the results i get are for tmobile phones, with the same model number (G965U). would it be safe to put tmobile firmware on the att phone?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pinapplejuce73 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    so i want to update my galaxy s9 plus to android 10, because it is still running android 8, and it's not reciving OTA updates, so ive come here. my question is: can i flash tmobile firmware on an att phone? when i search up the firmware for the specific model of my phone, the results i get are for tmobile phones, with the same model number (G965U). would it be safe to put tmobile firmware on the att phone?
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pinapplejuce73 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for your screenshot

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download latest firmware S9+ for Multi-CSC OYN: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your S9+
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your S9+ to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Thank you, this is most helpful. I got a couple questions though. The OS you provided will work with the att specific model right? Can I jump straight from android 8 to android 10, or would I have to go from 8 to 9 to 10? And lastly, how do i know if the repartition is ticked or not?
    Last edited by pinapplejuce73; 22-07-2020 at 04:52.

Administrator
    Thank you, this is most helpful. I got a couple questions though. The OS you provided will work with the att specific model right? Can I jump straight from android 8 to android 10, or would I have to go from 8 to 9 to 10? And lastly, how do i know if the repartition is ticked or not?
    It's Multi-CSC OYN firmware where ATT is included. Follow the procedure I posted in my previous message.
    You can go straight to Android 10

Thanks!

Ok so some wierd things happened. First of all, my phone is now a tmobile phone. The first couple times it started up as att, but after restarting it several times, it started up as a tmobile phone. Second of all, I kept getting an error message that said "android.process.media keeps stopping". After pressing app info every time it popped up and clearing data, it seems to have gone away. I'm still not sure if it's completely fixed though, that is yet to be tested thoroughly. Other than that, my new OS works great, so thanks a lot for your massive help!

Administrator
    Ok so some wierd things happened. First of all, my phone is now a tmobile phone. The first couple times it started up as att, but after restarting it several times, it started up as a tmobile phone. Second of all, I kept getting an error message that said "android.process.media keeps stopping". After pressing app info every time it popped up and clearing data, it seems to have gone away. I'm still not sure if it's completely fixed though, that is yet to be tested thoroughly. Other than that, my new OS works great, so thanks a lot for your massive help!
    Hi there

Did you use the HOME_CSC_OYN or CSC_OYN? In the instructions was sais "HOME_CSC"...

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

US-firmwares: grrrrrrr

About that "stopping": mayb this will help