Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: AT&T S9+ (G965U) can't get updates

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    10

    AT&T S9+ (G965U) can't get updates

    Hi.
    My AT&T S9+ (G965U) has never received a software update. Not a single one. And there have been many over the course of the nearly 2 years I've had it. Whenever I tap the Software Update button, it comes back saying "The current software is up to date". That is categorically false. My Android Security Patch Level is from Feb 1, 2018. I've taken my phone to the AT&T store to try and get this resolved, but they were useless. No one could assist me. I was met with blank stares. They had NO IDEA what to do. I've also tried updating via SmartSwitch, but this didn't work, either. Might it be possible download the latest update from some other source (AT&T does not seem to make the updates available for manual download), and install it myself?

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinarygeeksf [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi.
    My AT&T S9+ (G965U) has never received a software update. Not a single one. And there have been many over the course of the nearly 2 years I've had it. Whenever I tap the Software Update button, it comes back saying "The current software is up to date". That is categorically false. My Android Security Patch Level is from Feb 1, 2018. I've taken my phone to the AT&T store to try and get this resolved, but they were useless. No one could assist me. I was met with blank stares. They had NO IDEA what to do. I've also tried updating via SmartSwitch, but this didn't work, either. Might it be possible download the latest update from some other source (AT&T does not seem to make the updates available for manual download), and install it myself?
    Hi there

    Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    10
    Sure, here you go:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Last edited by Ordinarygeeksf; 30-04-2020 at 06:22. Reason: Added another screenshot

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinarygeeksf [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Sure, here you go:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks

    Do you have experience flashing devices yourself with Odin?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    10
    No.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,182
    1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware Multi-CSC OYN S9+: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files NOT to be used) with Odin 3.14.x -> your data will stay intact...

    How to flash firmware to your phone:



    1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your S9+
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your S9+ to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

    Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1
    I have an att sm G965U and am using it in pakistan but I am not getting an update
    AP : G965USQS6CSH8
    CP:G965USQS6CSH8
    CSC:G965U0YN6CSH8
    Sam mobile says this pda is of a sprint update
    I am using it on a local sim can you suggest a firmware that will not disturb my phone

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Afaqhussain103 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have an att sm G965U and am using it in pakistan but I am not getting an update
    AP : G965USQS6CSH8
    CP:G965USQS6CSH8
    CSC:G965U0YN6CSH8
    Sam mobile says this pda is of a sprint update
    I am using it on a local sim can you suggest a firmware that will not disturb my phone
    Hi there

    you can only use US-firmware on your device, SM-G965U

    Follow instructions in my previous message: you can use them also for your device

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    10
    Thank you! I will give this a try this weekend!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware Multi-CSC OYN S9+: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files NOT to be used) with Odin 3.14.x -> your data will stay intact...

    How to flash firmware to your phone:



    1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your S9+
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your S9+ to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

    Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.
    Hi guys, I may need your help here.

    I'm currently using galaxy s9 plus SM-965U here in africa,Ghana.
    I do not get any updates since last year and my security update shows 1st April 2019.
    Any help to change this and receive regular updates, which firmware should I download here and using Odin. If there is any other way to get it fix,please let me know.
    Software information attached.[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •