Thread: S10+ WIFI calling EE SIM1 / Virgin SIM2 : Virgin WiFi calling not working

S10+ WIFI calling EE SIM1 / Virgin SIM2 : Virgin WiFi calling not working

Hi All,

Hope you are all well and staying safe. I would appreciate your help here. I have an S10+ dual sim running g975fxxu7ctf1, saomc_sm-g975f_obe_evr_qq_0004.

WIFI calling shows up on SIM1 which is EE as it was an EE provided phone. SIM2 on virgin does not. I spoke to the Virgin team and they activated my account for WiFi calling, yet still no dice.

Is there a firmware out there which would allow both EE and Virgin Wifi calling to work? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Best Regards
    David

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by davenutter247 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi All,

Hope you are all well and staying safe. I would appreciate your help here. I have an S10+ dual sim running g975fxxu7ctf1, saomc_sm-g975f_obe_evr_qq_0004.

WIFI calling shows up on SIM1 which is EE as it was an EE provided phone. SIM2 on virgin does not. I spoke to the Virgin team and they activated my account for WiFi calling, yet still no dice.

Is there a firmware out there which would allow both EE and Virgin Wifi calling to work? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Best Regards
    David
    Hi there

Could you go to Softrware Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Hi Henklbr,

Thanks for your reply. Please find upload screenshots as requested!

Best Regards
    David

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by davenutter247 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Hi Henklbr,

Thanks for your reply. Please find upload screenshots as requested!

Best Regards
    David
    Thanks for the screenshots

Unfortunately with current configuration of your device, VoWiFi won't work for your Virgin-SIM.

Reason: Your device is EE-branded and configured for EE (hence EVR/EVR,EVR/EVR in Service Provider SW version)

Thanks henklbr,

So there is no way to flash it with anything or remove the EE branding or anything like that?

Failing that, is there a possible stock configuration that would work? I wouldn't be averse to getting a new phone in order to make it work, but what configuration would I need?

Best Regards
    David

Administrator
    Thanks henklbr,

So there is no way to flash it with anything or remove the EE branding or anything like that?

Failing that, is there a possible stock configuration that would work? I wouldn't be averse to getting a new phone in order to make it work, but what configuration would I need?

Best Regards
    David
    The only solution I've for you, is to flash the UN-branded BTU/XEU (United Kingdom) firmware on your device, but:

1. I'm not sure this will fix your problem, and you could loose the EE VoLTE
    2. I'm not sure the CSC will switch to XEU (part of Multi-CSC OXM) because you have a branded device now

I wish, I'd a better solution for you

Again, appreciate your reply Henklbr!

One more question if I may .. If i switch my EE number to Virgin as well .. do you know what I would need to do to the phone to get the Wi-Fi calling working for both Virgin SIMs?

Best Regards
    David

Administrator
    Again, appreciate your reply Henklbr!

One more question if I may .. If i switch my EE number to Virgin as well .. do you know what I would need to do to the phone to get the Wi-Fi calling working for both Virgin SIMs?

Best Regards
    David
    Hi David,

I don't know that, sorry...

Maybe change your Virgin-number to EE ?

:-) yeah that's where it was .. with EE but virgin happened to offer a cracking sim only deal .. no worries, was worth a try! back to EE it is .. thanks a lot for your replies henlbr!

All the best
    David