Thread: Help flashing s10 5g phone updates?

Post Help flashing s10 5g phone updates?

So i really want to flash an update to my s10 5g because for some reason mine is not receiving any updates. Although, i do seem to have a concern. All the updates for my phone (SM-G977U) are for verizon, but my phone is locked to AT&T. This is what the service provider looks like.[ Login above or register to see download links. ]Will this cause an issue with my phone bricking or something?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyhound53 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    So i really want to flash an update to my s10 5g because for some reason mine is not receiving any updates. Although, i do seem to have a concern. All the updates for my phone (SM-G977U) are for verizon, but my phone is locked to AT&T. This is what the service provider looks like.[ Login above or register to see download links. ]Will this cause an issue with my phone bricking or something?
    Hi there

Could you install/run this app: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

When installed: go to the Firmware-tab, screenshot it and post it here?

Also go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here too?

Sure thing. [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyhound53 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Sure thing. [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for your screenshots

Ques: have you flashed your device yourself before?

Nah, never.

Administrator
    Nah, never.
    Strange: I can't find your firmware on our site though.

I can't tell you, which firmware is the right one for your device because of this...

I see. Do you feel just going ahead with the Verizon firmware would be the best decision though?

Administrator
    I see. Do you feel just going ahead with the Verizon firmware would be the best decision though?
    That will be your decision; be aware, you'll need to flash AP CL CP & CSC_VZW which will result in a reset/wipe of your device...

Don't you receive OTA-updates now?

Nah man... thats the whole reason i wanna flash updates to it is because i have never gotten a ota update but now im kinda discouraged, i gotta factory reset my phone anytime i wanna get an update to it?

Administrator
    Nah man... thats the whole reason i wanna flash updates to it is because i have never gotten a ota update but now im kinda discouraged, i gotta factory reset my phone anytime i wanna get an update to it?
    No: that's only once; after this, you can use the HOME_CSC which will save your data

But: don't have experience with US-devices -> got a lot of mails about not receiving OTA-updates