Thread: S10 Lite Biometric update

S10 Lite Biometric update

I now have a S10 Lite - SM-G770F (TPA) Panama
    This had a firmware update on July 2 to Build #QP1A 190711.020.G770FXXU2BTF3. The changelist says the finger print recognition was "improved". However this has not been the case.

Issues:
    1. The reader is slow to recognize my finger.
    2. After use for a few days the optical sensor does not recognize any finger prints and forces me to use my pin. Both my thumb and index finger are registered. A restart re-enables it again.
    3. The face recognition also does not recognize my face, therefore I have stopped using it.

Remediation:
    I have cleared the cache on "com.samsung.andriod.biometrics.app.settings".
    I also deleted the data and registered my finger prints again, without any change.
    Yesterday I tried turning off "Optimizing Battery Usage". It is to soon to determine if this helps. Will advise.

Current Biometric security patch: Fingerprint 5.0.0.7 / Face recognition 1.0.0.21

--Is Samsung planning on addressing this issue?
    --If so, when?
    --Is there anything else I can do for now?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Techmeup [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I now have a S10 Lite - SM-G770F (TPA) Panama
    This had a firmware update on July 2 to Build #QP1A 190711.020.G770FXXU2BTF3. The changelist says the finger print recognition was "improved". However this has not been the case.

Issues:
    1. The reader is slow to recognize my finger.
    2. After use for a few days the optical sensor does not recognize any finger prints and forces me to use my pin. Both my thumb and index finger are registered. A restart re-enables it again.
    3. The face recognition also does not recognize my face, therefore I have stopped using it.

Remediation:
    I have cleared the cache on "com.samsung.andriod.biometrics.app.settings".
    I also deleted the data and registered my finger prints again, without any change.
    Yesterday I tried turning off "Optimizing Battery Usage". It is to soon to determine if this helps. Will advise.

Current Biometric security patch: Fingerprint 5.0.0.7 / Face recognition 1.0.0.21

--Is Samsung planning on addressing this issue?
    --If so, when?
    --Is there anything else I can do for now?
    Hi there

I've registered the same finger several times on my S20Ultra, and have no problems at all.

On my device : Current Biometric security patch: Fingerprint 5.0.0.7 / Face recognition 1.0.0.23

Hi Henklbr,

Unfortunately re-registering my finger prints proved not to be effective on this phone.

You said you have a newer face recognition version 1.0.0.23 on your phone.
    I would like to upgrade my version 1.0.0.21 to 1.0.0.23 providing its compatible with my phone. I searched your site but could not find this specific update. Where is it?

Community

Samsung uses optical fingerprint sensors in A series and Lite phones, rather than ultrasonic sensors found on flagship phones. As a result the software still needs improvements.

Has anyone else experienced fingerprint issues?
    Let me know if anyone discovered a way to improve its accuracy.

Thanks
    Last edited by Techmeup; 14-07-2020 at 01:39.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Techmeup [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi Henklbr,

Unfortunately re-registering my finger prints proved not to be effective on this phone.

You said you have a newer face recognition version 1.0.0.23 on your phone.
    I would like to upgrade my version 1.0.0.21 to 1.0.0.23 providing its compatible with my phone. I searched your site but could not find this specific update. Where is it?

Community

Samsung uses optical fingerprint sensors in A series and Lite phones, rather than ultrasonic sensors found on flagship phones. As a result the software still needs improvements.

Has anyone else experienced fingerprint issues?
    Let me know if anyone discovered a way to improve its accuracy.

Thanks
    Those APK's are not available and are device dependant...