Thread: Note 9 Which firmware to update, OTA not Available

Note 9 Which firmware to update, OTA not Available

I bought my phone in Oman now in India I did reset to change the google play country and payment mode. After this One UI 2.1 update not receiving, please help. Also how to attach the software screenshots

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by shajumct [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I bought my phone in Oman now in India I did reset to change the google play country and payment mode. After this One UI 2.1 update not receiving, please help. Also how to attach the software screenshots
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot is from top to bottom and post it here?

Posting screenshots: Push the "Insert Image"-icon...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot is from top to bottom and post it here?

Posting screenshots: Push the "Insert Image"-icon...
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by shajumct [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for your screenshot

Current firmware on your device, was never released for India: that's the reason you don't get any updates.
    You need to flash the latest firmware yourself to your device, then you will receive OTA-updates again.

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for India (INS): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your Note9
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your Note9 to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Mine is Note 9, why you suggesting S9 firmware?

Administrator
    Mine is Note 9, why you suggesting S9 firmware?
    Oops: my fault; thanks for pointing me out...

I've corrected my post...

Thank you so much for your help, I will try it this weekend, Iam using mac and I guess odin won't work there or is there a way to do it in mac as easier as in windows?

Administrator
    Thank you so much for your help, I will try it this weekend, Iam using mac and I guess odin won't work there or is there a way to do it in mac as easier as in windows?
    Unfortunately, I don't have experience with Mac's...

The apps I posted are for Windows