Thread: Galaxy S10+ Firmware Issue - Imported Phone

Unhappy Galaxy S10+ Firmware Issue - Imported Phone

Greetings everyone.
    I have a question relating to my new S10+ : Model number - SM-G975N
    The phone was purchased in New Zealand (where I live) from a 'parallel importer'. I noted that after turning on the phone, it immediately updated its firmware/software. Now in settings I see T security and T roaming, which are in (what i assume to be) the Korean text.

I believe that this is due to the phone running firmware tailored to a South Korean provider:
    The current version of the software on the phone is: G975NKSU4CTE9 / G975NOKR4CTE9 / G975NKOU4CTE7

I can only seem to find South Korean based firmware for this particular model of the phone. The SM-G975F has firmware related to several regions, but the SM-G975N seems to be fixed to South Korea.

I would really like to remove the T security and T roaming apps from settings and from where they appear in apps. For no other reason that I am really quite OCD and these little things annoy me greatly.

So finally, the question.
    1. (How) can this be done?

I appreciate any constructive responses.
    Take care
    Sun

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnarva [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Greetings everyone.
    I have a question relating to my new S10+ : Model number - SM-G975N
    The phone was purchased in New Zealand (where I live) from a 'parallel importer'. I noted that after turning on the phone, it immediately updated its firmware/software. Now in settings I see T security and T roaming, which are in (what i assume to be) the Korean text.

I believe that this is due to the phone running firmware tailored to a South Korean provider:
    The current version of the software on the phone is: G975NKSU4CTE9 / G975NOKR4CTE9 / G975NKOU4CTE7

I can only seem to find South Korean based firmware for this particular model of the phone. The SM-G975F has firmware related to several regions, but the SM-G975N seems to be fixed to South Korea.

I would really like to remove the T security and T roaming apps from settings and from where they appear in apps. For no other reason that I am really quite OCD and these little things annoy me greatly.

So finally, the question.
    1. (How) can this be done?

I appreciate any constructive responses.
    Take care
    Sun
    Hi there

Because you've the Korean version, this isn't possible: you bought the wrong model for your country.
    You should have bought the SM-G975F model.

Thank you for the reply.
    Unfortunately, the seller here in New Zealand did not make that clear and I guess that is why they sell the phone much cheaper than the competition.
    I was hoping that maybe the firmware for the F model could be installed instead OR that there would be some other workaround to remove those annoying additional apps within settings - SK Telecom appears to be a fan of bloatware.
    Cheers
    Sun

I think it is a Korean Version. You need take it to [ Login above or register to see download links. ] to fix. I had buy a same version in Vietnam.