Thread: S5e update to Android 10 introduced issues with the keyboard cover: can I downgrade?

S5e update to Android 10 introduced issues with the keyboard cover: can I downgrade?

I bought to my kid a tab S5e to help him watch online classes last than 1 month ago. Two days ago the device upgraded to Android 10.

Few seconds after the upgrade, we've noticed that, while using the keyboard cover, the question mark key stopped works. Initially I thought it was dead, but then realized it was acting as Shift key.

I tested the keyboard in another Tab S5e with Android 9: it works fine.

Tested other keyboard (exactly same model) in the Android 10 tab: same issue.

Thinking if I should try a downgrade back to Android 9.

Model is SM-T725 in ZTO (Brazil) region. Current firmware is [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rael_gc [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I bought to my kid a tab S5e to help him watch online classes last than 1 month ago. Two days ago the device upgraded to Android 10.

Few seconds after the upgrade, we've noticed that, while using the keyboard cover, the question mark key stopped works. Initially I thought it was dead, but then realized it was acting as Shift key.

I tested the keyboard in another Tab S5e with Android 9: it works fine.

Tested other keyboard (exactly same model) in the Android 10 tab: same issue.

Thinking if I should try a downgrade back to Android 9.

Model is SM-T725 in ZTO (Brazil) region. Current firmware is [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Did you flash the device yourself, or dit you get it by OTA (Android 10 update)?

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

I got it by OTA.

The "funny" part about it was that my kid said "hey dad, tab is saying there is an update, should I skip it?", and I said "no, usually an Android upgrade has cool new features!".

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rael_gc [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I got it by OTA.

The "funny" part about it was that my kid said "hey dad, tab is saying there is an update, should I skip it?", and I said "no, usually an Android upgrade has cool new features!".
    Maybe something was changed in the keyboard-settings

I even tried a factory reset (from Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset), but still on Android 10.

I've played with that but the language and region are exactly the same in both S5e tabs and keyboards.

Administrator
    I've played with that but the language and region are exactly the same in both S5e tabs and keyboards.
    Then I'm getting out of options too...

Maybe wait till a next update

Just out of curiosity: is it possible revert to previous Android with any recovery options? If not, can it be downgraded using Odin?

Administrator
    Just out of curiosity: is it possible revert to previous Android with any recovery options? If not, can it be downgraded using Odin?
    1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download Android 9 Brazil - ZTO: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your Tab S5e
    6. Reboot Tablet in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your Tab S5e to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY! (HOME_CSC NOT TO BE USED!)
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Your Tablet will RESET after the flash which is mandatory. Before flashing, turn off "Search for updates" in settings (otherwise you'll get Android 10 again)

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Thanks, man. I was afraid the downgrade was not possible. I'll try bother my local Samsung more a bit to see if they're willed to fix this issue before I try the firmware downgrade.