Thread: Galaxy S7 SM-G930F Australia/Telstra Firmware? Will i brick the phone

Galaxy S7 SM-G930F Australia/Telstra Firmware? Will i brick the phone

Hi

I found the firmware for telstra and downloaded it, but then saw a warning about ending up in a boot loop. If i try to install the telstra firmware onto my phone will I end up in a boot loop because it is not an Australian phone to start with? It has Android 8.0.0 and Baseband Version G930FXXS8ETCA. Thanks for any help I am new to this sort of thing. I want to do this as I don't have the option to use VOLTE but I should.

Thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cheethamz17 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi

I found the firmware for telstra and downloaded it, but then saw a warning about ending up in a boot loop. If i try to install the telstra firmware onto my phone will I end up in a boot loop because it is not an Australian phone to start with? It has Android 8.0.0 and Baseband Version G930FXXS8ETCA. Thanks for any help I am new to this sort of thing. I want to do this as I don't have the option to use VOLTE but I should.

Thanks
    Hi there

Could you install/run this app: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

When done, go to the "Firmware"-tab, screenshot it and post it here?

Product Code: SM-G930FZSAXSG
    PDA: G930FXXS8ETCA
    CSC: G930FOJV8ETCA
    Baseband: G930FXXS8ETCA
    Bootloader: G930FXXS8ETCA

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cheethamz17 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Product Code: SM-G930FZSAXSG
    PDA: G930FXXS8ETCA
    CSC: G930FOJV8ETCA
    Baseband: G930FXXS8ETCA
    Bootloader: G930FXXS8ETCA
    Thank you; your carrier is also in the United Arab Emirates?

No I use telstra an Australian carrier, as I am based in Australia

Administrator
    No I use telstra an Australian carrier, as I am based in Australia
    OK; the firmware for Telstra can be found here: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

But: the Telstra-firmware has a lower version of the bootloader, "7" instead of your current firmware "8"

You'll have to wait till new firmware is released for the Telstra-carrier...

When it's available, then you need to flash AP BL CP & CSC_TEL (NOT HOME_CSC!): your device will reset after flash which is mandatory...

Oh that's weird. And annoying I will probably just have to get a new phone. Is there an older firmware I can use?

Administrator
    Oh that's weird. And annoying I will probably just have to get a new phone. Is there an older firmware I can use?
    No, you can't flash Australian firmware on your device at this moment; you'll have to wait till a newer build (with bootloader v8) is released for your carrier

Sorry I misunderstood before. Thank you for your help