Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung S8+ didnot getting OTA update

Samsung S8+ didnot getting OTA update

i have S8+ Nigeria Region and am in Pakistan and there is Android Pie update rolled out in my phone region in March 2019 and still after almost 3 months didnot get OTA update. What should i do.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by arslanabbasi [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    i have S8+ Nigeria Region and am in Pakistan and there is Android Pie update rolled out in my phone region in March 2019 and still after almost 3 months didnot get OTA update. What should i do.
    Hi there,

Could you go to "Software Info" on your device, scroll down to "Software service provider" and post that info here (screenshot)?

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

Could you go to "Software Info" on your device, scroll down to "Software service provider" and post that info here (screenshot)?
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by arslanabbasi [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

Thanks for your screenshot...

The reason you didn't receive any updates, is because your "current firmware" was never released in Pakistan.

You can flash the latest firmware yourself to your device, and then you'll receive OTA again.

First install "Smart Switch" on your PC (not needed, but only for the correct Samsung Drivers).
    Smart Switch can be found here: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Here you can find the latest firmware for your device (Pakistan - PAK): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP HOME_CSC_OXM with Odin 3.13.x to your device; your data will stay intact (CSC_OXM NOT to be used).

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.1
    5. Power OFF phone; Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Bixby + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Is this safe to do flash with Odin

Administrator
    Is this safe to do flash with Odin
    Hi there,

If you follow the instructions: yes

I do it myself a lot of times; it won't void warranty, as you flash official firmware...

how much time it take to flash firmware with odin3

its not working. when i load AP file in odin it hangs and not responding

which file to load in Userdata slot and in CSC slot which to load CSC or HOME_CSC