Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S7 Edge stuck in boot loop after OTA upgrade

S7 Edge stuck in boot loop after OTA upgrade

After evidently having an OTA update sent, my S7 Edge was stuck in bootloop showing the Samsung screen. I tried going into maintenance boot mode and doing a factory reset and it says Installing Software Update before I get the No Command screen. Unfortunately all of the service points here are closed due to COVID-19, so I can't take it in. Any suggestions that I could try while I wait? This phone has not been rooted or any other modifications.
    Last edited by digiserv; 18-06-2020 at 00:13.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by digiserv [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    After evidently having an OTA update sent, my S7 Edge was stuck in bootloop showing the Samsung screen. I tried going into maintenance boot mode and doing a factory reset and it says Installing Software Update before I get the No Command screen. Unfortunately all of the service points here are closed due to COVID-19, so I can't take it in. Any suggestions that I could try while I wait? This phone has not been rooted or any other modifications.
    Hi there

Can you still come in "Download"-mode of your device? Do you know which CSC is on your device?

I can get to a screen that says Downloading... Do not turn off target.
    I have downloaded Odin and the appropriate file---G935VVRSBCTC1_G935VVZWBCTC1_VZW.zip
    Is this the direction that I need to go? Haven't used Odin before, does it automatically detect the USB port that the phone is plugged into? Phone does not show up as a device on PC.

One more thing that I just noticed, it says FRP Lock: On. Will this prevent me from loading the firmware?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by digiserv [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I can get to a screen that says Downloading... Do not turn off target.
    I have downloaded Odin and the appropriate file---G935VVRSBCTC1_G935VVZWBCTC1_VZW.zip
    Is this the direction that I need to go? Haven't used Odin before, does it automatically detect the USB port that the phone is plugged into? Phone does not show up as a device on PC.
    Have you installed SmartSwitch for PC too? NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

You still know the log-in credentials (Google/Samsung Account)?

One more thing that I just noticed, it says FRP Lock: On. Will this prevent me from loading the firmware?
    FRP is factory reset protection,You have to sign in to the same Google account that was originally used to sign into the first time the device was used

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ok, that shouldn't be a problem to log into the Google account.

I downloaded the Smartswitch and then the update for that. I installed Odin, expanded the zip file for this model. When I go to put the information in I can drag the BL, AP, CP, and CSC files into Odin, but the USERDATA field does not allow me to drag in the HOME_CSC. Does that field remain empty?

When I tell it to start it goes through downloading, and then after that completes it says Installing system updates and appears to freeze on that screen. I've left it there for about an hour and am wondering if this is an indication that something is wrong.

Administrator
    Ok, that shouldn't be a problem to log into the Google account.

I downloaded the Smartswitch and then the update for that. I installed Odin, expanded the zip file for this model. When I go to put the information in I can drag the BL, AP, CP, and CSC files into Odin, but the USERDATA field does not allow me to drag in the HOME_CSC. Does that field remain empty?

When I tell it to start it goes through downloading, and then after that completes it says Installing system updates and appears to freeze on that screen. I've left it there for about an hour and am wondering if this is an indication that something is wrong.
    USERDATA-field stays empty. AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP. In CSC you put "CSC" (will reset device) or "HOME_CSC" (data will stay intact)

Does the SIM card need to be in to do this, or if there is a problem with the SIM could it cause it not to load correctly? I've had mixed results--sometimes after it loads and indicates passed it will just go to the splash screen, and then return to 'recovery booting'. I did actually have it power up once and get as far as the Welcome screen and then the screen went black and it indicated that the memory partition was corrupt and would have to be reset. There was a reset button at the bottom of the screen, but it wouldn't allow me to select it. I powered it off, then back on and I didn't get the usual first three screens, it just went directly to recovery booting and stayed there. Tried about everything that I can think of and getting ready to give up. Any suggestions?

Administrator
    Does the SIM card need to be in to do this, or if there is a problem with the SIM could it cause it not to load correctly? I've had mixed results--sometimes after it loads and indicates passed it will just go to the splash screen, and then return to 'recovery booting'. I did actually have it power up once and get as far as the Welcome screen and then the screen went black and it indicated that the memory partition was corrupt and would have to be reset. There was a reset button at the bottom of the screen, but it wouldn't allow me to select it. I powered it off, then back on and I didn't get the usual first three screens, it just went directly to recovery booting and stayed there. Tried about everything that I can think of and getting ready to give up. Any suggestions?
    I'm getting out of options

I suggest to go with your device to a Samsung Service Point and let it checked...