Thread: SM-J600G bootloop after June 29.6.2020 security update

SM-J600G bootloop after June 29.6.2020 security update

Hello everyone, I bought the phone yesterday J6 2018 infinity SM-J600G, the phone was probably downgraded to 8.0 or 9.0 android, and it was working perfectly, but when I downloaded and installed latest security update it started booting again and again, i cant get to the Recovery mode, i can only get the phone in Download mode, I tried flashing it to the latest firmware but Odin showed me this error:
    <ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..

<ID:0/003> File analysis..

<ID:0/003> Total Binary size: 5716 M

<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..

<ID:0/003> Initialzation..

<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..

<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..

<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..

<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!

<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.

<ID:0/003> sboot.bin

<ID:0/003> param.bin

<ID:0/003> FAIL!

<ID:0/003>

<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.

<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Phone also says SW REV CHECK FAIL (Bootloader) Device 7, Binary: 6 after failed ODIN install

If anyone can help me please respond thanks in advance!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 3m4nnn [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello everyone, I bought the phone yesterday J6 2018 infinity SM-J600G, the phone was probably downgraded to 8.0 or 9.0 android, and it was working perfectly, but when I downloaded and installed latest security update it started booting again and again, i cant get to the Recovery mode, i can only get the phone in Download mode, I tried flashing it to the latest firmware but Odin showed me this error:
    <ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..

<ID:0/003> File analysis..

<ID:0/003> Total Binary size: 5716 M

<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..

<ID:0/003> Initialzation..

<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..

<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..

<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..

<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!

<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.

<ID:0/003> sboot.bin

<ID:0/003> param.bin

<ID:0/003> FAIL!

<ID:0/003>

<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.

<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Phone also says SW REV CHECK FAIL (Bootloader) Device 7, Binary: 6 after failed ODIN install

If anyone can help me please respond thanks in advance!
    Hi rthere

are you trying to DOWN-grade your device? Obviously that's not possible...

In order to give you advise which firmware you need, I need to know what current firmware is on your device...

Why did you flash the device while it was working OK?

Hi thanks for replying,
    I turned on phone when I got it it was working perfectly, the seller told me it has a motherboard issue and that the motherboard needs to be replaced, I turned on the phone and the first thing that showed up was recovery mode so I restarted it to factory settings, tested the phone the whole day everything was great, seller specified that the phone constantly reboots, It seemed good to me until I updated to latest security update, the update installed corectlly and when it finished the phone was stuck in bootloop it dosent even come to only SAMSUNG boot it restarts itself again until the battery runs out, I tried flashing latest firmware for it which is Android 10 and thats when I got this error, should I downgrade it to 8 or 9 android and then try to flash it to android 10?
    I dont know how can I provide you with the current firmware info because I can only get to download mode, please help im desperate
    Last edited by 3m4nnn; 03-07-2020 at 15:05.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 3m4nnn [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi thanks for replying,
    No, I downloaded the latest official firmware for it, and tried flashing it, as I said the phone was on android 8 or 9 and it was working perfectly, then I got notification for software update which I downloaded on phone and installed but after installation finished the phone continuesly started to reboot and I cant enter the recovery mode I can only go to download mode, do you know any method where I can see which firmware is on the phone?
    My advise: go to a Samsung Service Point and let your device checked...

There isnt one in Bosnia and warranty probablly expired

Administrator
    There isnt one in Bosnia and warranty probablly expired
    In that case: go back to the seller of your phone, obviously there was something wrong with your device...