Thread: Note 8 SM-N950F - Downgrade

Note 8 SM-N950F - Downgrade

My version - Android 9 / OneUI 1.0 / Baseband version N950FXXSBDTE1 ( image attached) [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Here is the issue . With the 1st June update , it messed up the colors as below
    1. Colors are now muted or faded.
    2. Most blacks are not dark black
    3. Whites have a greenish tint

I have already done the following but did not resolve the above issue
    1. 4 factory resets
    2. Tried all combinations of blue light settings
    3.Tried the Google play books night settings ( had seen this suggestion elsewhere).
    4.Tried enabling /disabling the custom schedule for night settings
    5. Tried two other launchers
    6. Tried dark themes enabled /disabled

I know this is not a hardware issue as blacks are perfect on the icons with black color , however it looks like the black backgrounds on the application page is not completely black. I also notice that when I try and activate a blank screen , it momentarily comes on perfectly before something triggers the faded settings. I have seen it in forums that this appears to be the problem with many galaxy models , however there is no fixed pattern to the issue

Now I tried going back to pre-June update - March 2020 version , however , I am getting SW version error due to bootloader being 11 and binary being 10 - So I dont have any option to go back as well .

Help required on any of the option would be great
    Any suggestion to fix or the faded color issue ? OR Alternatively - Any mechanism to go back to the older version ?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sangrg [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    My version - Android 9 / OneUI 1.0 / Baseband version N950FXXSBDTE1 ( image attached) [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Here is the issue . With the 1st June update , it messed up the colors as below
    1. Colors are now muted or faded.
    2. Most blacks are not dark black
    3. Whites have a greenish tint

I have already done the following but did not resolve the above issue
    1. 4 factory resets
    2. Tried all combinations of blue light settings
    3.Tried the Google play books night settings ( had seen this suggestion elsewhere).
    4.Tried enabling /disabling the custom schedule for night settings
    5. Tried two other launchers
    6. Tried dark themes enabled /disabled

I know this is not a hardware issue as blacks are perfect on the icons with black color , however it looks like the black backgrounds on the application page is not completely black. I also notice that when I try and activate a blank screen , it momentarily comes on perfectly before something triggers the faded settings. I have seen it in forums that this appears to be the problem with many galaxy models , however there is no fixed pattern to the issue

Now I tried going back to pre-June update - March 2020 version , however , I am getting SW version error due to bootloader being 11 and binary being 10 - So I dont have any option to go back as well .

Help required on any of the option would be great
    Any suggestion to fix or the faded color issue ? OR Alternatively - Any mechanism to go back to the older version ?
    Hi there

You can't downgrade anymore due to security reasons: this was mentioned in the "What's New" of the latest update

Any suggestion to fix the faded color issue ?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sangrg [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Any suggestion to fix the faded color issue ?
    Nope, sorry...

Wait for the next update...