Thread: Update schedule for Galaxy M31?

Question Update schedule for Galaxy M31?

I live in India and I'm thinking of purchasing the Galaxy M31. Where do I go to see the Android update schedule for this phone? I want to know
    * How long will it be getting Android OS updates? years and months
    * How long will it be getting Android Security updates? Will it get them every month like my Android One phone?
    * How long will it be getting Samsung bloatware/crapware updates?

I normally get Android One phones which get updated right on time. I need to see how the Galaxy M31 compares. Thanks!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiamma [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I live in India and I'm thinking of purchasing the Galaxy M31. Where do I go to see the Android update schedule for this phone? I want to know
    * How long will it be getting Android OS updates? years and months
    * How long will it be getting Android Security updates? Will it get them every month like my Android One phone?
    * How long will it be getting Samsung bloatware/crapware updates?

I normally get Android One phones which get updated right on time. I need to see how the Galaxy M31 compares. Thanks!
    Hi there

M31 is scheduled to have "Quarterly"-updates: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Normally, the devices will get 2 major Android-updates, i.e. when the phone is released with Android 9, it'll get Android 10 & 11

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there
    M31 is scheduled to have "Quarterly"-updates: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Normally, the devices will get 2 major Android-updates, i.e. when the phone is released with Android 9, it'll get Android 10 & 11
    Thanks for the info and the link. Very helpful.

The M31 is available with Android 10. Does that mean a high chance of getting Android 11 and then 12? Or just a "maybe" chance of getting Android 12?

I'm assuming all security updates stop as soon as I get Android 12. Is that true? Or do I get security updates for another year or two?

Thanks!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiamma [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for the info and the link. Very helpful.

The M31 is available with Android 10. Does that mean a high chance of getting Android 11 and then 12? Or just a "maybe" chance of getting Android 12?

I'm assuming all security updates stop as soon as I get Android 12. Is that true? Or do I get security updates for another year or two?

Thanks!
    Android 11 for sure...

M series is ultmate

I just love the new "m" series nowadays no other mobile is as good as sam m-series. I bought few days back
    I am [ Login above or register to see download links. ] at field engineer
    Last edited by mishraa; 29-06-2020 at 18:52.

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Android 11 for sure...
    OK, thanks. So sounds like just a "maybe if I'm lucky" chance of getting Android 12 on the M31. I'd like to get a Samsung phone, but looks like I'll need to stick with an Android One phone to make sure I get updates.

I have not seen any Samsung Android One phones. Do they exist?

Administrator
    OK, thanks. So sounds like just a "maybe if I'm lucky" chance of getting Android 12 on the M31. I'd like to get a Samsung phone, but looks like I'll need to stick with an Android One phone to make sure I get updates.

I have not seen any Samsung Android One phones. Do they exist?
    I haven't seen that either...

The policy of Samsung is 2 major Android updates...