Thread: S7 Edge sboot.bin fail and stuck in boot

S7 Edge sboot.bin fail and stuck in boot

I bought my S7 Edge while I was in US (International unlocked, SM-G935FD, Exynos version) but have since moved to India
    This phone has a XSP (Singapore) firmware , Product code SM-G935FTKDXSP

Since VOLTE was not working on the phone in India (with Jio), I wanted to reflash India firmware. I downloaded latest firmware for India from sammobile and used odin to flash it
    The phone is not rooted. I deleted all google, samsung accounts and did a wipe data/factory reset before putting it in download mode. I have the latest samsung device drivers.

But when I started the firmware flash through odin, it failed immediately at sboot.bin [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

After that, my phone is stuck in boot. I tried couple of more times the same procedure using a different version of odin and a different laptop (used 3.14 first and then 3.13 version) with same result.

This is the first time I am trying to flash firmware, so I could have missed something obvious. Can anybody help how to recover the device? And, also what I should do to get an India firmware flashed on this.

Thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sriramkv [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I bought my S7 Edge while I was in US (International unlocked, SM-G935FD, Exynos version) but have since moved to India
    This phone has a XSP (Singapore) firmware , Product code SM-G935FTKDXSP

Since VOLTE was not working on the phone in India (with Jio), I wanted to reflash India firmware. I downloaded latest firmware for India from sammobile and used odin to flash it
    The phone is not rooted. I deleted all google, samsung accounts and did a wipe data/factory reset before putting it in download mode. I have the latest samsung device drivers.

But when I started the firmware flash through odin, it failed immediately at sboot.bin [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

After that, my phone is stuck in boot. I tried couple of more times the same procedure using a different version of odin and a different laptop (used 3.14 first and then 3.13 version) with same result.

This is the first time I am trying to flash firmware, so I could have missed something obvious. Can anybody help how to recover the device? And, also what I should do to get an India firmware flashed on this.

Thanks
    Hi there

This is the latest firmware for India: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Did you use the ORIGINAL USB-cable? Have you tried another USB-port on your PC?

Other than that, I don't know what the reason could be flashing isn't working...

You'll have to flash AP BL CP & CSC_ODD with Odin 3.14.x (SIM-card must be IN your device while flashing); your device will reset afterwwards which is mandatory. When you get a pop-up "SIM-card changed" (probably in foreign language): accept

Did you change anything on your phone or in the settings of Odin before flashing?

As I mentioned , I deleted google and samsung accounts and did a factory wipe reset before putting it in download mode. The one thing I did is to remove the sim cards before flashing the firmware. It failed.

Then I put the sim card back and reflashed with stock XSP firmware and it worked.

But I am back to the same problem. How to make VOLTE work ?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sriramkv [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    As I mentioned , I deleted google and samsung accounts and did a factory wipe reset before putting it in download mode. The one thing I did is to remove the sim cards before flashing the firmware. It failed.

Then I put the sim card back and reflashed with stock XSP firmware and it worked.

But I am back to the same problem. How to make VOLTE work ?
    Just wondering:

Why are you asking the same question in 2 different threads?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

You are right. I initially posted this thread but after this I recovered my device. But I still had the issue with VOLTE.
    By this time, I had bought plan to download firmware from sammobile, so I figured if I post a thread in premium forum, I had a better chance of getting a response. So, I posted a new thread there.

Anyway, thanks for responding. We can close this thread and keep the other one.

Administrator
    Thread closed