Thread: Change firmware to get samsung pay

Change firmware to get samsung pay

Hello there,

I bought my s10+ in Lithuania while travelling there and found that the phone was manufactured in that region. I live in the uk where samsung pay is used commonly but my phone does not allow me to use it saying "it is not supported" If i change the firmware version to uk will i be able to use the samsung pay app as normal without issues?

Thanks and regards
    ash

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ashymano [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello there,

I bought my s10+ in Lithuania while travelling there and found that the phone was manufactured in that region. I live in the uk where samsung pay is used commonly but my phone does not allow me to use it saying "it is not supported" If i change the firmware version to uk will i be able to use the samsung pay app as normal without issues?

Thanks and regards
    ash
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Herewith I've posted a screenshot of the software info, sorry about the late response. Thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ashymano [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Herewith I've posted a screenshot of the software info, sorry about the late response. Thanks
    Didn't you get a pop-up, probably in Cyrillic language, "SIM-card changed"? Do you have an Italian SIM in SIM-2? UK-SIM is in SIM-1?

Nope, I didn't get any pop ups regarding the sim changes but yes i have uk number in sim1 and Italian number in sim2.

Administrator
    Nope, I didn't get any pop ups regarding the sim changes but yes i have uk number in sim1 and Italian number in sim2.
    In order to get your device to XEU/XEU,ITV/SEB (First one is the ACTIVE CSC, which is the configuration for your device), you need to RESET your device (with the SIM-cards IN your device)

This is mandatory, you'll lose your data.

Power OFF your device, reboot to recovery (VolUP - Power simultaneously). In the Recovery menu scroll to Factory Reset...

When you get in a foreign language "SIM card changed": accept. Your device will reboot and start-up in English (if everything went OK)

Thank you so much. It worked and now i'm able to use samsung pay as well. Too bad that the people working at customer service in samsung did not have any idea about such a workaround. Really appreciate it. Cheers

Administrator
    Thank you so much. It worked and now i'm able to use samsung pay as well. Too bad that the people working at customer service in samsung did not have any idea about such a workaround. Really appreciate it. Cheers
    Thanks for your feedback

Enjoy Samsung Pay on your device