Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help on firmware update on Galaxy Note 9

Need help on firmware update on Galaxy Note 9

Hello Friends,

Phone: Galaxy Note 9
    Model: SM-N960F/DS

I am not great technically on the procedure and process to manually update the firmware, hence seek expert advise from the you all. Thanks.

I live in India but bought this phone from Dubai and since then I haven't got a firmware update and I am quite sad about it. When I spoke to Samsung support they state that the update would only happen when I am in UAE with local SIM.

Please do provide with your expert help on which firmware the update and some guidance on the complete procedure.

One final request - is it ok for me to update the firmware and also will i risk bricking my phone if I am generally new to this whole thing.

Thanks and await your advice.
    Badrinath
    Last edited by badri13nath; 17-06-2020 at 18:11.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by badri13nath [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello Friends,

Phone: Galaxy Note 9
    Model: SM-N960F/DS

I am not great technically on the procedure and process to manually update the firmware, hence seek expert advise from the you all. Thanks.

I live in India but bought this phone from Dubai and since then I haven't got a firmware update and I am quite sad about it. When I spoke to Samsung support they state that the update would only happen when I am in UAE with local SIM.

Please do provide with your expert help on which firmware the update and some guidance on the complete procedure.

One final request - is it ok for me to update the firmware and also will i risk bricking my phone if I am generally new to this whole thing.

Thanks and await your advice.
    Badrinath
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Hello Henklbr,

Thanks for your quick and prompt reply. Kindly find attached the software information as requested.

Look forward to your help.

Badrinath
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20200618-083052_Settings.jpg   Screenshot_20200618-083044_Settings.jpg  

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by badri13nath [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello Henklbr,

Thanks for your quick and prompt reply. Kindly find attached the software information as requested.

Badrinath
    Thanks for your screenshots. You didn't receive any updates, because current firmware on your phone was never released in India...

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest Note9 firmware for India (INS): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your Note9
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your Note9 to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Hello Henklbr,

I tried to download the firmware but i see that download doesn't start for some strange reason. Do i need to be a paid user to get access to the download.

Every time i try to download i get the error as per the attached, though i have tried to login multiple time and with new sessions as well. Seek your guidance.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate.

Badrinath
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20200618-152858_Chrome.jpg  
    Last edited by badri13nath; 18-06-2020 at 11:12.

Administrator
    Hello Henklbr,

I tried to download the firmware but i see that download doesn't start for some strange reason. Do i need to be a paid user to get access to the download.

Every time i try to download i get the error as per the attached, though i have tried to login multiple time and with new sessions as well. Seek your guidance.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate.

Badrinath
    Download the file on your PC and not on your mobile...

See also this FAQ: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Download the file on your PC and not on your mobile...

See also this FAQ: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks. I tried with some browser pop-up settings and started working on my mobile data . Really appreciate your help and support on this issue. Looking forward to getting this updated at the earliest.

Look like my broadband provider (Airtel) has blocked downloads from sammobile. Quite unusual but a learning to me.

Will keep you posted once i go ahead and complete my firmware update. Thanks again.

Badrinath
    Last edited by badri13nath; 18-06-2020 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for your screenshots. You didn't receive any updates, because current firmware on your phone was never released in India...

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest Note9 firmware for India (INS): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your Note9
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your Note9 to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes
    Hello Henklbr,

Thanks a ton for all your guidance and help. I have successfully update to the June'2020 patch level and this was my first ever firmware update . it got done in breeze and never imagined that it can be that easy.

Thanks again. Have a great day !!!

Badrinath

Administrator
    Hello Henklbr,

Thanks a ton for all your guidance and help. I have successfully update to the June'2020 patch level and this was my first ever firmware update . it got done in breeze and never imagined that it can be that easy.

Thanks again. Have a great day !!!

Badrinath
    You're welcome

Thanks for the feedback

What about data ? Did you loose it or is it intact ?