Thread: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra won't update

Premium Member

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra won't update

Hello everyone,

I am based in Uzbekistan. After some research I have intentionally purchased a Snapdragon version of Galaxy S20 Ultra (officially only Exynos versions are offered locally). I am totally fond of my purchase. The only issue is that it won't see any updates (well that and availability of only one physical SIM), and I am pretty sure there have been several of those since March.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3583bc54-29bc-4bab-882a-c80abf6d16e2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	16093

Name:	4b2880f1-031a-42d0-9e84-3991fca7c3e1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	16094

Any idea how I can do it? Do I need to install only the most recent update or all updates in chronological order? Will I experience any issues after forcing the updates even though presumably I am not supposed to receive those updates?

Please help!

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sergeten; 16-06-2020 at 00:15.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sergeten View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am based in Uzbekistan. After some research I have intentionally purchased a Snapdragon version of Galaxy S20 Ultra (officially only Exynos versions are offered locally). I am totally fond of my purchase. The only issue is that it won't see any updates (well that and availability of only one physical SIM), and I am pretty sure there have been several of those since March.

Name:	3583bc54-29bc-4bab-882a-c80abf6d16e2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	16093

Name:	4b2880f1-031a-42d0-9e84-3991fca7c3e1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	16094

Any idea how I can do it? Do I need to install only the most recent update or all updates in chronological order? Will I experience any issues after forcing the updates even though presumably I am not supposed to receive those updates?

Please help!

Many thanks in advance.
    1. Download SmartSwitxg for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): https://www.sammobile.com/samsung-smart-switch/
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: https://dl2018.sammobile.com/Odin3-v3.14.4.zip
    3. Download latest firmware for Multi-CSC OYN: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...U1ATEC/343610/

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your S20Ultra
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your S20Ultra to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Premium Member
    Thanx a lot!

Just to make sure I understand correctly:
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr View Post
    3. Download latest firmware for Multi-CSC OYN: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...U1ATEC/343610/
    So I download and install only the latest firmware update? Not all of them?

Also I browsed through the forum and have seen a number of similar posts of yours. In some you mention the option to keep current apps and data. If I follow the instructions above, will I keep those?

Thanks again.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sergeten View Post
    Thanx a lot!

Just to make sure I understand correctly:

So I download and install only the latest firmware update? Not all of them?

Also I browsed through the forum and have seen a number of similar posts of yours. In some you mention the option to keep current apps and data. If I follow the instructions above, will I keep those?

Thanks again.
    1. Download latest firmware (previous ones don't have to be installed first)
    2. Follow procedures as mentioned in my previous post: data will be intact

Premium Member
    Thanks a lot! Really appreciate your prompt responses. Will revert back on the results within couple of days.

Premium Member
    Does anyone know how long will I have to wait for download to start? Downloaded Odin promtly, but cannot download firmware. Have been waiting for approximately 30 minutes already, nothing has changed.

Name:	Снимок.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	16095

Hi, my Samsung phone is model a70, but whatever I do, it can't be updated online or offline طراحی سایت - طراحی لوگو - پایان نامه ارزان
    Please Guide Me

Premium Member
    Thanks a lot!

I ended up downloading the update from another source, as I could not do it from here, but managed to update using your detailed instructions.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Cheers!

Name:	d400ea5b-6fb5-42a8-9522-e102d6f17dd3.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	16103

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by poleh41210 View Post
    Hi, my Samsung phone is model a70, but whatever I do, it can't be updated online or offline طراحی سایت - طراحی لوگو - پایان نامه ارزان
    Please Guide Me
    Hi there

Why ask in this thread, which is about the S20Ultra?

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot is from top to bottom and post it here?