Thread: Changing SM-N975J firmware to SM-N975U?

Changing SM-N975J firmware to SM-N975U?

Hello everyone, sorry for my lack of understanding. I have been trying to research this but there just isn't a lot of info on the version of phone I just purchased. The phone in question is the unlocked Japanese carrier AU version of the Note 10 plus, SM-N975J SVC-45. I am planning to use it on T-Mobile here in the US, and wanted to know how to flash the firmware to the tmobile version, if it is possible. My lack of knowledge prevents me from knowing if this is a simple task or impossible. I know the phone has a lot of Japanese bloatware and the AU carrier display when it comes on, its very annoying. Any advice, help, anything at all is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesc11201 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello everyone, sorry for my lack of understanding. I have been trying to research this but there just isn't a lot of info on the version of phone I just purchased. The phone in question is the unlocked Japanese carrier AU version of the Note 10 plus, SM-N975J SVC-45. I am planning to use it on T-Mobile here in the US, and wanted to know how to flash the firmware to the tmobile version, if it is possible. My lack of knowledge prevents me from knowing if this is a simple task or impossible. I know the phone has a lot of Japanese bloatware and the AU carrier display when it comes on, its very annoying. Any advice, help, anything at all is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Hi there

You can't flash SM-N975U firmware on a SM-N975J device...

Hello, thank you for your response. Is there anyway US firmware I can flash to the SM-N975J device? or just make it a stock Samsung phone again??

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesc11201 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello, thank you for your response. Is there anyway US firmware I can flash to the SM-N975J device? or just make it a stock Samsung phone again??
    No: it's not possible to flash US-firmware on your device...