Thread: Nuisance network notifications driving me nuts!

Angry Nuisance network notifications driving me nuts!

When I'm driving I keep getting notifications to sign into wi-fi networks, usually xfinity, whenever I pass one and it's driving me nuts! I have a galaxy s7 and I have network notifications turned off, but I get them anyway. How can I make it stop?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhaff37 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    When I'm driving I keep getting notifications to sign into wi-fi networks, usually xfinity, whenever I pass one and it's driving me nuts! I have a galaxy s7 and I have network notifications turned off, but I get them anyway. How can I make it stop?
    Hi there

Turn off WiFi?

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Turn off WiFi?
    Sure I could do that, but why should I have to?

Because .....

Well, you shouldn't have to, but I get the impression that Samsung is determined to make the S7 their "pariah" product. The Note 7 was a complete disaster - I would call the need for a global product recall a complete disaster, others might think differently. The 7 edge? Nothing to stand up and cheer about. The Oreo update for the S7 trashed many of the features in the Samsung Health app, so now all you get is a message to buy a watch or fitness band to get those features back, and Samsung product support tells you they are "working on it" if you contact them. Perhaps I am an impatient fellow, but seven months seems long enough to have "worked on it" to come up with a solution. And, no, there is no convenient way to go back the the last Nougat build that actually worked rather well. Vote with your wallet. It is the only vote that matters. Get something else.
    Last edited by dryfire; 05-06-2020 at 10:08.

Well it's a little comforting to know I'm not the only one that's unhappy. Why give you an option to allow or block something and then blatantly disregard your choice? And then "Samsung Pay" shows up uninvited and you can't get rid of it. Total BS! I think I have everything I would need to wipe the phone and re-install Nougat, and I'm almost tempted to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhaff37 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I think I have everything I would need to wipe the phone and re-install Nougat, and I'm almost tempted to try it.
    Spare you the effort, the Oreo bootloader won't let you go back to Nougat. Tried. Odin aborts the attempt. VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET.

Dryfire, thanks for the tip. It sucks.