Thread: Note 9 Stuck od Android 9 Security Patch july 2019.

Exclamation Note 9 Stuck od Android 9 Security Patch july 2019.

Hi.

So i've bought my note 9 last year in august. Everything was fine until i started to notice that every other note 9 is getting a update, but mine is stuck.
    I've never experienced something like this before, since ive been actively using samsung smartphones since S3.
    Yesterday i contacted the place where i bought it and they told me not to try anything ( Odin or sth else ) because it will harm my warranty .
    If anyone has this problem or knows how to fix it, i will be more that thankful.

P.s my phone model is SM-N960F and my country is North Macedonia.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafirovski [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi.

So i've bought my note 9 last year in august. Everything was fine until i started to notice that every other note 9 is getting a update, but mine is stuck.
    I've never experienced something like this before, since ive been actively using samsung smartphones since S3.
    Yesterday i contacted the place where i bought it and they told me not to try anything ( Odin or sth else ) because it will harm my warranty .
    If anyone has this problem or knows how to fix it, i will be more that thankful.

P.s my phone model is SM-N960F and my country is North Macedonia.
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

From what i know F is for european model, i am currently using t- mobile Sim card, i've also tried contacting t-mobile, but they say samsung is pushing software updates its not up to them.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafirovski [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for your screenshot

You didn't receive any updates, because your device was originally meant for the United Arab Emirates (XSG); current firmware on your device was never released for your country (SEE).

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for your country (SEE): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your Note9
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your Note9 to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Your data & warranty will stay intact...

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for your screenshot

You didn't receive any updates, because your device was originally meant for the United Arab Emirates (XSG); current firmware on your device was never released for your country (SEE).

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for your country (SEE): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your Note9
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your Note9 to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Your data & warranty will stay intact...

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Thank you very much! , yes everything you said is correct . The place where i bought my device is Mobile Store, and by rumors i've heard that they are importing them from UAI. Thank you very much i will install the firmware and notify you. Btw does it makes difference which one because there are 4 i think available for my country?

Administrator
    Thank you very much! , yes everything you said is correct . The place where i bought my device is Mobile Store, and by rumors i've heard that they are importing them from UAI. Thank you very much i will install the firmware and notify you. Btw does it makes difference which one because there are 4 i think available for my country?
    If you want to receive OTA after installing: this one you must use (it's the latest firmware for SEE (your CSC)

Thank you very much for this!

This happens with my Note 8 (SM-N950F) - Brazil, too!! Exactly the same!!!
    I will do this procedure too. Thank you.

Hey Bro, how did it go?