Thread: Ain't getting OTA updates on my S9 Plus - SM-G965F / DS

Unhappy Ain't getting OTA updates on my S9 Plus - SM-G965F / DS

My phone was bought in dubai during a connecting flight, never lived there, the guy said its unlocked to I bought it.
    Sim works, had a few updates, last I received is Security Patch Level : September 1, 2018 its XSG btw

Only had time to do this now, never really bothered me but OTA updates would really be nice
    and an update too, 'cuz I'm stuck on Android 8.0 for a while now

Living in the Philippines and never had any experience on flashing my phone.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ericjandale [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    My phone was bought in dubai during a connecting flight, never lived there, the guy said its unlocked to I bought it.
    Sim works, had a few updates, last I received is Security Patch Level : September 1, 2018 its XSG btw

Only had time to do this now, never really bothered me but OTA updates would really be nice
    and an update too, 'cuz I'm stuck on Android 8.0 for a while now

Living in the Philippines and never had any experience on flashing my phone.
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Here is the screenshot of the Software Info
    Hope you could help me, thanks!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ericjandale [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Here is the screenshot of the Software Info
    Hope you could help me, thanks!
    Thanks for your screenshot

You did not receive any updates, because your current firmware build was never released for your CSC XTC (Philippines)

I'll explain to you how to flash your device yourself:

Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Download latest firmware for Philippines (XTC): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your S9+
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your S9+ to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Thanks, I have successfully updated my phone to Android 10.0

Had trouble into rebooting in download mode, had to do a few searches but it's fine
    For S9+ its Power down, Bixby key, and Power key to boot to download mode, Also did the "Reboot to bootloader" before it though

After I got the update, Many apps were crashing

Google VR services Crash - I just uninstalled it so meh

One UI Crash - Gone after I restarted the Phone

Android.Process.Media Crash - Had to clear caches and data of the download manager
    and the media storage for it to stop crashing, you won't really lose and media in the process, I think.

After that, All went well, updated my apps, updated galaxy store apps, relink my google account, putted back my pin and fingerprint, etc.
    both simcards are fine.

Hope this helps others having problem with not having OTA updates on their S9 plus
    Huge thanks to henklbr!
    Last edited by ericjandale; 01-06-2020 at 06:10.

Administrator
    Thanks for your feedback: enjoy your update