Thread: Samsung a50

Samsung a50

I have samsung A50 (SM-505F) indian version. I haven't yet received android 10 update in my country Nepal.If i updated(indian firmware) my device through Odin will i receive official ota update in future. Please give me some advice.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bijay2048 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have samsung A50 (SM-505F) indian version. I haven't yet received android 10 update in my country Nepal.If i updated(indian firmware) my device through Odin will i receive official ota update in future. Please give me some advice.
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

my software info

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?
    my screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot.jpg  

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bijay2048 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    my screenshot
    Thanks for your screenshot

Do you have experience with flashing phones yourself with Odin?

Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Download latest firmware for Multi-CSC ODM: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your A50
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your A50 to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Post firmware

would i receive regular ota update in nepal after indian firmware flash in my device?

Administrator
    would i receive regular ota update in nepal after indian firmware flash in my device?
    If the same build is released in Nepal: yes; oherwise you'll have to flash the latest version released in Nepal first in order to receive OTA again...